Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

10 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Constructive talks !   So he ain't seen the books yet or debts he has to settle, needs a big payment to be made by Friday doesn't he or that will be more minus and players walking I think.   

He will have a figure in mind of what he wants to pay for the ground and see if it matches the figure the present owners want, other than that it will be admin. If the figure is met I think he will run the football down to the level where it will be self sufficient.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If Danson decides to buy the club and takes them over it would be a proper result for them. 

Would it though? 

Seems to only be interested to keep it viable for the Rugby Club to stay in the ground. Sensible businessman, can't see him bankrolling them beyond their means, can only imagine they find their natural level of sustainability.

I suppose at this point, just having a club is considered a result for the sensible among them, but for most of the muppets I'm sure they'd seen flitting between League 2 and 1 as below them. 

1 minute ago, meanderson93 said:

Would it though? 

Seems to only be interested to keep it viable for the Rugby Club to stay in the ground. Sensible businessman, can't see him bankrolling them beyond their means, can only imagine they find their natural level of sustainability.

I suppose at this point, just having a club is considered a result for the sensible among them, but for most of the muppets I'm sure they'd seen flitting between League 2 and 1 as below them. 

It would be better than any other of the alternatives that have been mooted.  

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Enlighten us Biggish. 

Been talking to someone who was telling me HMRC are circling and won't take no for an answer on payments due to them. Don't want to say too much but it is someone who will know what is going on with them

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The fans have, up to this week, appeared to loathe Danson. Also tje Rugby club in general

I assume there's 'history' and some here may know it but it seems especially narrow to be like that at this stage.

A match made in heaven then! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It would be better than any other of the alternatives that have been mooted.  

I think you're right.  

He'll be looking at it purely from a business sense and what's best for the egg chasers.  If that means buying the ground for their benefit and subsequently having a football team in the conference, he'll go for it.  It's still better than liquidation.

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why didn't he buy it before if this fella is "all singin' all Danson"?

That’s what I thought if he was that bothered could have bought it before Might just be after the ground . 
obviously ted made a lot of money when he starred in cheers