Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

Mr Evatt needs to learn from this today. We are in a good position but we have been poor for a couple of months now.

you can say we are the best in the league until you are blue in the face but he’s created a team with a very weak mentality and one that lacks leadership. 

7 hours ago, Big E said:

Mr Evatt needs to learn from this today. We are in a good position but we have been poor for a couple of months now.

you can say we are the best in the league until you are blue in the face but he’s created a team with a very weak mentality and one that lacks leadership. 

Very much so.

I fear that it's top two or staying down this season.
I don't think we have that mental resilience to win the play-offs.

9 hours ago, Big E said:

This has been the case all through his tenure, he has remedied lots of other failings as we evolve, but this is the common thread unfortunately.

I don't think having Santos as captain helps, or how much stock Evatt puts in him.

1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

This has been the case all through his tenure, he has remedied lots of other failings as we evolve, but this is the common thread unfortunately.

I don't think having Santos as captain helps, or how much stock Evatt puts in him.

It isn't just Evatt, most have been saying how much we miss Santos and how we need him back, however we looked exposed again yesterday. Confidence in Coleman, or his defensive organisation possibly, but Baxter now seems to be the bigger miss

Santos screams at coleman not to pump it forward. he then plays 2 passes and then santos hoofs it. luckily we have allowed the opposition time to get back into position. we miss him but he slows everything down. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Big E said:

Santos screams at coleman not to pump it forward. he then plays 2 passes and then santos hoofs it. luckily we have allowed the opposition time to get back into position. we miss him but he slows everything down. 

I noticed that yesterday, seemed very odd

16 hours ago, Big E said:

It's a funny one with Evatt but he's generally shipped out players who haven't fit the system (either personality or position) and by doing that he's created a squad that is so rigid to play the way he wants, that I'm not sure they have the mentality to adapt in game. 

It's a tough one, as I'm not sure you want a load of players who'll go rogue (i.e. Dapo), but I'd want more hard men at least who won't panic playing the way Evatt wants when we're under the cosh. What I wouldn't give for a Wheater type in this team - obviously a version who can pass would be required 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Big E said:

Santos - Oi, don’t fucking hoof it up the pitch.

Coleman - Why not?

Santos - Because the gaffer says it’s my job!

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Genuinely heard someone, without a shred of irony, calling for Darren Moore at the game on Saturday. They walk among us. 

He’s promoted a team out of L1. While I don’t agree at all with the statement. It’s certainly not in the realms of moon man to suggest it.

1 minute ago, tomski said:

He’s promoted a team out of L1. While I don’t agree at all with the statement. It’s certainly not in the realms of moon man to suggest it.

And since then he's been sacked twice and we've not even finished the season

3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

And since then he's been sacked twice and we've not even finished the season

At clubs in higher leagues than us.

Also Sheff man is acknowledged as a moonman isn’t he?

Edited by tomski

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

At clubs in higher leagues than us.

Also Sheff man is acknowledged as a moonman isn’t he?

True but Sheff Wed and Huddersfield's positions aren't much greater than ours 

He's at Port Vale now so I wouldn't be concerned 

I didn't think Moore would be my cup of tea, but as he has been mentioned, I thought I'd look at his stats and prior to his half season at Huddersfield, his managerial record was 124-62-69. I know they won't all have been league games, but iof they were, that's 1.78ppg, good for 82pts a season. Solid play-off credentials.

Just now, DirtySanchez said:

Agreed. 

As stated before it bases no merit to the ‘they walk among us’ insinuation.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Sheff Wednesday fans hated him and his style of play.

Sat amongst a load who weren't having him while they were sat 2nd in league.

Hmmmm 😂

Whatever is said he had absolutely no right turning a 4 goal deficit round in that semi. Could argue he had no right ballsing up 1st leg.

Must of been some team talk.

Edited by tomski

16 minutes ago, Traf said:

I didn't think Moore would be my cup of tea, but as he has been mentioned, I thought I'd look at his stats and prior to his half season at Huddersfield, his managerial record was 124-62-69. I know they won't all have been league games, but iof they were, that's 1.78ppg, good for 82pts a season. Solid play-off credentials.

His record at Huddersfield was 3 wins in 23 matches

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, tomski said:

19 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Yeah, and Vale fans aren’t happy with him either.

He’s a genuinely nice guy but probably too nice to do the dirty side of the job.

Don’t even speculate until the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yeah, and Vale fans aren’t happy with him either.

He’s a genuinely nice guy but probably too nice to do the dirty side of the job.

Don’t even speculate until the end of the season.

To be fair I’m not speculating.