Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I wonder what Evatt is going to do with all of his receipts now? Can he take them in to the EFL and get the points added on based on Possession % or for games where we were the "better side"?

Can we not save all this bullshit for when the season has actually finished?

Just now, gonzo said:

Can we not save all this bullshit for when the season has actually finished?

Let's be frank, we've seen enough from this team now to know the season well and truly ended tonight.

They don't have it in them for a playoff run.

Just now, meanderson93 said:

Let's be frank, we've seen enough from this team now to know the season well and truly ended tonight.

They don't have it in them for a playoff run.

To be fair there will be a few other teams in play offs looking at how their season has collapsed at the business end as well.

He's probably just realised that he's on a hiding to nothing, fail to go up and I'm afraid his days are numbered-, manage to somehow win the play offs and i think he's realised he would be back to square 1, where he looked way out of his depth and he's maybe not up for the pressure again.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

To be fair there will be a few other teams in play offs looking at how their season has collapsed at the business end as well.

It’s one realistic, positive take on the current situation. There’s nobody from 3-8 going into these play-offs with a decent set of consistent results/performances.

In fact 4-6 points out of these next 2 games and we’ll probably be both the in-form side and season best performing side in there! 

Happy with the job Evatt has done and wouldn’t mind him for another year if we fail to go up. Stability is an underrated commodity in football. He’s a good manager, not yet shown himself to be excellent though. But do you want to risk starting from scratch with a new man? 

I feel he Evatt needs this promotion for the fan base’s support in general. He’s had 3 seasons to build a team capable of League 1 promotion and too often we’ve been lacking in important games and moments. Some bad luck yes - but when it’s happening consistently it is difficult to keep taking it. The Wigan defeats, the Blackpool loss, the Derby loss. 

Dont think last season was our “time” to go up. Seemed written in the stars for Sheffield Weds, but this year we’ve had an easier league and Evatt has built this team with substantial funding and backing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he walked before he was pushed should we fail to go up.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Mantra said:

Happy with the job Evatt has done and wouldn’t mind him for another year if we fail to go up. Stability is an underrated commodity in football. He’s a good manager, not yet shown himself to be excellent though. But do you want to risk starting from scratch with a new man? 

I feel he Evatt needs this promotion for the fan base’s support in general. He’s had 3 seasons to build a team capable of League 1 promotion and too often we’ve been lacking in important games and moments. Some bad luck yes - but when it’s happening consistently it is difficult to keep taking it. The Wigan defeats, the Blackpool loss, the Derby loss. 

Dont think last season was our “time” to go up. Seemed written in the stars for Sheffield Weds, but this year we’ve had an easier league and Evatt has built this team with substantial funding and backing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he walked before he was pushed should we fail to go up.

Spot on

My frustration is here. 

I think he’s built a good team that play good football. When a team wants to let us play, we can smash anyone. Some brilliant performances this season that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching. Some amazing goals thrown in as well.

That said, there is no plan b. I think we struggle against the teams who don’t want us to play (completely their prerogative) and I feel we never win any game outside of having better players than the opposition. What I mean by that is we never seem to win a game by tactical nouse or a smart change of plan/system or out foxing another team. I can’t think of one this season. I don’t see this being learned upon either. 

My worry is if and when we get up that we will not have better players then loses will prevail more than wins. 

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

My frustration is here. 

I think he’s built a good team that play good football. When a team wants to let us play, we can smash anyone. Some brilliant performances this season that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching. Some amazing goals thrown in as well.

That said, there is no plan b. I think we struggle against the teams who don’t want us to play (completely their prerogative) and I feel we never win any game outside of having better players than the opposition. What I mean by that is we never seem to win a game by tactical nouse or a smart change of plan/system or out foxing another team. I can’t think of one this season. I don’t see this being learned upon either. 

My worry is if and when we get up that we will not have better players then loses will prevail more than wins. 

Yes take Warne for example he’s out moved Evatt twice now tactics adjusting his set up and making substitutes to cut our threat

also our points return against top sides is poor and not just this season 

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yes take Warne for example he’s out moved Evatt twice now tactics adjusting his set up and making substitutes to cut our threat

also our points return against top sides is poor and not just this season 

Maloney getting 6 points off us

Simpson getting 3 with Carlisle.

Matt Taylor Bristol 3 points.

Block 6 of them out and we likely are going/gone up autos.

6 hours ago, desperado said:

It’s one realistic, positive take on the current situation. There’s nobody from 3-8 going into these play-offs with a decent set of consistent results/performances.

In fact 4-6 points out of these next 2 games and we’ll probably be both the in-form side and season best performing side in there! 

Last night's results couldn't have gone better for the orange bastards 😠.

They probably need to win out to get in.

If they do, they'll have won 5 or 6 on the bounce.

Been saying for a while, it's what they do.

Won't mind finishing 4th to avoid them in the semis. 

Hope Barnsley end them on Saturday as it would be just hideous to contemplate going out to them.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Mantra said:

We keep him until he stops improving us.

16 minutes ago, Horwich said:

We keep him until he stops improving us.

He's stopped improving us tactically. We just bought more better players to get higher up the league this season.

He's underperforming with this squad

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Whitestar said:

He's probably just realised that he's on a hiding to nothing, fail to go up and I'm afraid his days are numbered-, manage to somehow win the play offs and i think he's realised he would be back to square 1, where he looked way out of his depth and he's maybe not up for the pressure again.

Remind me of the time he looked out of his depth because I don't recall it. 

If we would have won every game of the season we would have gone up I reckon.

'We drop points against the top 6'   -we dropped to many points against the bottom 10'  'Wigan beat us again, we list at blackpool'   

I honestly think some folk expected us to win every single league game - this is football, it doesn't happen.

6 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

If we would have won every game of the season we would have gone up I reckon.

'We drop points against the top 6'   -we dropped to many points against the bottom 10'  'Wigan beat us again, we list at blackpool'   

I honestly think some folk expected us to win every single league game - this is football, it doesn't happen.

To be fair has that been stated anywhere?