Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

One of the most frustrating things about these protests is that some of them have taken place in art galleries. 

Art galleries rely on public trust in order to have their artwork on display. If they can't be certain artwork won't be targeted the only option is to hire securiry or place the artwork further away from public view. Once that happens, the status quo is unlikely to ever return.

What a pisser. 

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

One of the most frustrating things about these protests is that some of them have taken place in art galleries. 

Art galleries rely on public trust in order to have their artwork on display. If they can't be certain artwork won't be targeted the only option is to hire securiry or place the artwork further away from public view. Once that happens, the status quo is unlikely to ever return.

What a pisser. 

Civil Protestations are supposed to be frustrating and annoying. I think the point of the Van Gogh one was that people care more about old paintings than they do about the actual fucking planet. The reaction to it has proven them right to be fair. And they didn't even damage the painting. They're still cunts, but I get their point.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Civil Protestations are supposed to be frustrating and annoying. I think the point of the Van Gogh one was that people care more about old paintings than they do about the actual fucking planet. The reaction to is has proven them right to be fair. And they didn't even damage the painting. They're still cunts though, but I get their point.

People can show an interest/care about both. 

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

Civil Protestations are supposed to be frustrating and annoying. I think the point of the Van Gogh one was that people care more about old paintings than they do about the actual fucking planet. The reaction to it has proven them right to be fair. And they didn't even damage the painting. They're still cunts, but I get their point.

My frustration stems from the fact the impact on art galleries is likely to be permanent, irrrspective or whether the protestors achieve their aims or not.

An interrupted football match can be restarted or replayed, milk poured onto the floor of a supermarket can be cleared, but once public trust is eroded and barriers are put up between the public and the artwork it's likely to remain that way.

Thankfully, Van Gogh's painting wasn't damaged this time but when a similar stunt was pulled in July, Constable's The Hay Wain was.

I appreciate most people don't attend art galleries and so don't really care, but for people who do it's a pretty big deal.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

My frustration stems from the fact the impact on art galleries is likely to be permanent, irrrspective or whether the protestors achieve their aims or not.

An interrupted football match can be restarted or replayed, milk poured onto the floor of a supermarket can be cleared, but once public trust is eroded and barriers are put up between the public and the artwork it's likely to remain that way.

Thankfully, Van Gogh's painting wasn't damaged this time but when a similar stunt was pulled in July, Constable's The Hay Wain was.

I appreciate most people don't attend art galleries and so don't really care, but for people who do it's a pretty big deal.

That's a fair point. I do attend art galleries occasionally. I agree, it would dampen the experience if all the paintings were locked behind giant screens or something.

14 hours ago, Cheese said:

The same was said about Emily Pankhurst and Martin Luther King. Just saying.

Emmeline Pankhurst - died 1928 following illness brought on by frequent hunger strikes. 

Martin Luther King Jr - died 1968 assassinated whilst visiting striking African American workers

Some knobheads - got some milk on everyone's shoes 2022 because of something to do with cows

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Emmeline Pankhurst - died 1928 following illness brought on by frequent hunger strikes. 

Martin Luther King Jr - died 1968 assassinated whilst visiting striking African American workers

Some knobheads - got some milk on everyone's shoes 2022 because of something to do with cows

Said about all 3: "Dissolve the fucking lot of them, after a serious twatting first".

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I mean - I could be wrong - bit I don't think @Tonge moor green jacket was advocating dissolving MLKJ?

Not TMGJ, but exactly the same was said about Martin Luther King and Civil Rights protestors when he was alive.... I'm being facetious of course.

Edited by Cheese

8 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

would you stand by in a supermarket and do nothing while some fucking idiots emptied milk all over the floor, I'm sure I wouldn't

Not a chance.

Of all the protests this lot do, this one is the most baffling.

When was the last time a protest like this worked by the way?

• Members
21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not a chance.

Of all the protests this lot do, this one is the most baffling.

When was the last time a protest like this worked by the way?

I reckon a good proportion of them do work - in exactly the opposite way to that which the idiots intended.

22 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I reckon a good proportion of them do work - in exactly the opposite way to that which the idiots intended.

Indeed. Any sympathies folk have, they seem to wash away in one hit. 

I used to work in a supermarket and I’m quite interested when the change of talking them down happened. Years ago they’d of been grabbed and police called.

If your ever shopping in Sainsburys fallowfield and hear Cliff Johnson over the tannoy. It’s about to go off with some thieves.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, tomski said:

Indeed. Any sympathies folk have, they seem to wash away in one hit. 

Which is what I find a bit bizarre. "Fuck the planet, let's burn more fossil fuels because some moronic kids poured some milk on the floor."

37 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Which is what I find a bit bizarre. "Fuck the planet, let's burn more fossil fuels because some moronic kids poured some milk on the floor."

I don’t think people think like that. It’s more ‘they have a point, but actually they are scruffy tramps who are effectively causing damage’ 

Id be amazed if anyone burnt more fossil fuels to stick 2 fingers up at swampy mcswampinson.

On 16/10/2022 at 03:00, bolty58 said:

I don't care what London Wanderer or any of his ilk say. They need a good fucking leathering. 

Scruffy cunts committing criminal damage. Exterminate.

I wouldn't even attempt to defend these idiots. But you crack on if you're looking for someone on here to blame. 

Makes me laugh that the lass talks about democracy with no idea that the vast majority still want to consume dairy. As TMJ said - it's ignorance. Though the emissions coming out of the dairy industry need to be reduced drastically. 

The very deliberate shock tactics do get people talking. More than a gentle march around Manchester would. From my experience of talking to people like this, it's that they very much know that they are behaving like cunts - it's all done on purpose to cause chaos. 

Whether or not that means more people will give up dairy I'm not so sure? More and more people are choosing to; but I don't think you could pinpoint it to this. Though I 'm sure we will see a rise in articles about it after these videos. 

All I did in previous posts was to highlight the hypocrisy of certain posters on here who get triggered whenever a swampy activist causes an inconvenience - yet ignore it whenever it happens a football game. All the shit things about the milk pourers - the inconvenience, criminal damage, minimum wage workers having to clean up, cost to the local council etc. - happen week in week out at football. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

I don’t think people think like that. It’s more ‘they have a point, but actually they are scruffy tramps who are effectively causing damage’ 

Id be amazed if anyone burnt more fossil fuels to stick 2 fingers up at swampy mcswampinson.

I was referring more to Bolty's theory that "a good proportion of them do work - in exactly the opposite way to that which the idiots intended", which suggests some people would become anti-'whatever the cause is'. I agree they're fucking morons, but I also understand what they're aiming to achieve.

When Emily Davison threw herself under the King's horse at in 1913, I'm sure a lot of folk thought "Stupid fucking woman!", but ultimately it advanced the cause of female emancipation.