Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

• Site Supporter

Now if we’re talking about staunch veganism. Come into my local shop putting stickers on beef proclaiming “This was once a cow called Daisy!” I’ll probably up my purchase of red meat that day because, quite frankly, I can’t be arsed with such bollocks from vegans. 
Sure, be a vegan but for fuck’s sake, don’t try to guilt trip meat-eaters into becoming vegans too.

On 17/10/2022 at 10:15, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

My frustration stems from the fact the impact on art galleries is likely to be permanent, irrrspective or whether the protestors achieve their aims or not.

An interrupted football match can be restarted or replayed, milk poured onto the floor of a supermarket can be cleared, but once public trust is eroded and barriers are put up between the public and the artwork it's likely to remain that way.

Thankfully, Van Gogh's painting wasn't damaged this time but when a similar stunt was pulled in July, Constable's The Hay Wain was.

I appreciate most people don't attend art galleries and so don't really care, but for people who do it's a pretty big deal.

Point of order, 8.3 million people attended funded (that's not commercial) museums and art galleries between April and June this year.

It's not a bloody niche activity, like say Rubgy League (1.5 million over a whole season)

7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure I did really. There's quite a distance between what I typed and "niche activity".

I posted what I did because I'm a regular attendee myself, it wasn't intended as a slight.

But I was slighted, massively, as were the many, many millions of people who attend art galleries. 

Understand the power of your words to wound, treat them with care, sir!

Upset of Bromley

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Point of order, 8.3 million people attended funded (that's not commercial) museums and art galleries between April and June this year.

It's not a bloody niche activity, like say Rubgy League (1.5 million over a whole season)

How many of those visitors do you reckon are repeat visitors?

Does it include the those that attend Bolton museum and aquarium?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

About 3.8 million are repeat I reckon with 682,423 from Bolton.

Interesting. Any data about how many times they 'repeat'?

A quick look says that in the 12 months from Sept 18, bolton museum had 275000 visitors.

Presumably these funded ones you refer to are also all free?

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Interesting. Any data about how many times they 'repeat'?

A quick look says that in the 12 months from Sept 18, bolton museum had 275000 visitors.

Presumably these funded ones you refer to are also all free?

I dunno - was making it up.

But, on average a regular museum and gallery visitor repeat attends 3 times a year - but that total figure doesn't segment regular/one time/tourist etc (it does but I can't be bothered looking to be honest) There's a ton of data out there from ACE or ALVA or my old company The Audience Agency that does this work.

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

8.2 million of them are kids of school trips though! 😁

Is that statue of that woman with her busters out still on display at Bolton museum?

• Members
14 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I wouldn't even attempt to defend these idiots. But you crack on if you're looking for someone on here to blame. 

Do I slide on my knees or simply do the John Byrom goal salute? Don't need VAR for this one. Indisputable goal :rofl: