1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Did a full bottle of red last night building the spogs kitchen 

Into another now 

Loads of beers to

Going for a run tomorrow morning 

Before the big piss up on the 28th 

Giving ale up thread has just give the forum pissheads a platform to boast :D

What a place 

Hope you and the family had a good one after the year you’ve had pal. 

Did you navigate the kitchen easy enough ha.

Edited by tomski

On 20/12/2022 at 08:05, Spider said:

Allen Carr (not the goofy “comedian”) writes books about how to stop drinking and/or smoking.

My sister read it a few years back and, whilst she want a full on alky, was overdoing the booze.

After reading this book, she hasn’t touched a drop since. Not one.

So, as a challenge, I said I’d read the book and prove that this kind of thing doesn’t really work and that she was just ready to stop anyway.

about 2 weeks ago, I reached just over the halfway point. Since then, I’ve probably had 2 pints and one glass of wine, none of which I particularly enjoyed.

I’m annoyed for several reasons:

* I adore a drink, and I feel the pleasure has been stolen from me

* My sister was right and I was wrong about the book

* I feel somehow invaded by this author who I never invited into my life in the first place.

* I want a beer, but don’t want a beer. It’s fucking WEIRD.

I need help in getting back on the horse.

Im not going to preach, but if you really want to kick the booze (he does fags as well), then I’m here to tell you, brothers and sisters, that this fucker works.

What does NYE look like?

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Just polished off an Irish Jack whilst listening to the audio book... Told I need to do it sober, minutes into the first chapter.

the movie drinking GIF

@Spider Does he do one on shitty football bets; mainly involving lower league football, or just fucking Benfica?

😁😁😁 probably!

Id imagine you can apply the basic principles to any form of addiction….

• Site Supporter
Just now, Dr Faustus said:

Well I feel you should've have made that abundantly clear before I entered this crack den with a fiver in my pocket!!

😂😂😂

donate the crack to the WanderersWays benevolent fund, there’ll be some poor soul who would benefit from the donation

• Site Supporter

Read the book over xmas. Lit a few bulbs, not stopped totally yet but given me a new sense of being careful around it. There’s a few things missed through the ale. Missed the game v Exeter after a boozy do and there’s been a couple of other things in the past few months which I’ve thought I shouldn’t be missing due to booze.

But I’ve cut back massively, especially over xmas, been surprisingly good and something to build on. 

felt less paranoid for one. 

Does this book stop you drinking every single drink in the house till your completely obliterated and spend the next day counting down the minutes till its acceptable to drink again to stop the DTs?

Had two days off it over xmas but the rest has been my usual drinking to excess. 

Stayed over with family in the lakes NYE. Only me was on lager so it was easy to total my consumption the next day. 2 pints before I left followed by 26 cans/bottled throughout the night. 

Then straight back on it yesterday. 4 cans, then 5 pints in Red Lion followed by 10 cans last night.

Not good that is it :(

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Were the 26 cans 330ml or 500ml?

Last day on it today until Peterborough away next month. And even then it’s going to be much reduced today now that the shitty trains mean we’ll be going in the car. 

Mixture of all mate. Few Carling in there, mainly 500ml Heinekens, then San Miguels.

Carling and Madri yesterday.

22 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Does this book stop you drinking every single drink in the house till your completely obliterated and spend the next day counting down the minutes till its acceptable to drink again to stop the DTs?

Had two days off it over xmas but the rest has been my usual drinking to excess. 

Stayed over with family in the lakes NYE. Only me was on lager so it was easy to total my consumption the next day. 2 pints before I left followed by 26 cans/bottled throughout the night. 

Then straight back on it yesterday. 4 cans, then 5 pints in Red Lion followed by 10 cans last night.

Not good that is it :(

It’s fine

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Mixture of all mate. Few Carling in there, mainly 500ml Heinekens, then San Miguels.

Carling and Madri yesterday.

Was going to say if they were 330ml then it’s no good comparing them to pints, but if the majority were 500ml then fucking hell I would have needed my stomach pumping.

Cold turkey all the way I’m afraid pal.

”What’s the difference between Carling and Madri?”

”About a pound per pint”