Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Just now, auckland_bwfc said:

Andy Kellet is available on a free, remember him? 

Despite a debatable hair cut I remember thinkin he looked alreet when I saw him play at sheff wed... Bolton lad n all. 

His career was always going to head on a downward spiral ever since he was on the Sky Sports News ticker on deadline day when Rog’s lot were rumoured to be signing him. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be concerned if we might lose Darcy, a nailed on 1st teamer for BWFC for as long as he wants to be, but I cant get worked up over Brockbank, I wouldnt expect him to be anything more than back up right back.

Darcy reminds me of a young enthusiastic Josh Vela, before he started reading his own reviews. And going to pubs.

41 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Darcy reminds me of a young enthusiastic Josh Vela, before he started reading his own reviews. And going to pubs.

He has the same engine. 
On the downside he’s far weaker and more slight 

On the positive side you can tell he has a good football brain and 2 decent feet 

3 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Darcy reminds  me more of Clough than Vela, in that from day one his speed of thought and composure on the ball stood out.  You cant teach that, both of them have that football brain in spades.  Darcy doesn't have Clough's finishing ability but he beats him for tenacity and pace, and in today's game those qualities will get you picked ahead of someone more reliant on touch and getting chances to score.

• Members

Darcy has a special ability he knows what he’ll do with the ball 3 passes before he gets.

Always looking over his shoulder before he gets the ball, always knowing what space he’ll take his first touch into. Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard Scholes all did that and you can’t teach it, it’s a great skill to have. 

29 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Darcy can only get better imo .The bigger clubs will be sniffing around very soon.Its sad but a fact of life.Hope to Christ if he does move it will be to a prem club (excluding Burnley) & not any of our six fingered Lancashire neighbours.

He’s way off prem and championship let’s not get giddy, he’s got potential but a million miles of bigger clubs signing him. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Be better in a better team. The goal that verlinden scored against Shrewsbury illustrated your point.

The Football Keith put in place when he first came in looks like it would suit Darcy better, but it’s slowly gone away and we’re not getting the best out of him which is a shame 

Edited by Rudy’s Message

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

The Football Keith put in place when he first came in looks like it would suit Darcy better it’s slowly gone away and we’re not getting the best out of him which is a shame 

100%. To be honest what the kids offered showed a different way of playing and a level of schooling that we haven't seen for a while.

Obviously way off physically and in terms of experience but that comes.

I remember watching our reserves thumping utd's 3-1. There's contained kids who played a different game. Just our experienced players won it. Not long after their 'kids' won the league.

Hopefully, we might see more of Darcy if we play like we did second half yesterday. Passing and moving.

Darcy created our two best chances from the right against Pompey. Looked a class above the rest on that pitch to me - how O'Grady missed is beyond me after a wonderful cross from RD.

I think Darcy has everything in his locker to be a top player - needs to be a bit stronger but no reason he cannot. 

What his major problem will be is where he plays. He's a bit "not one thing or another" to me right now. In a poor side he's willing enough to do a job anywhere BUT he's not a central midfield player nor really a number 10 (yet anyway) and you need a very specific way of playing if he joins in from the right. 

I do like him but worry that he needs to find where he can be really effective on the pitch every game - and not sure he's found that role yet. But for me someone we absolutely must build around next season. 

Ben Marshall who was on trial with us but couldnt be arsed turning up has just signed for Stoneclough FC in the West Lancs League

what a waste, he's 28 and been a consistent champipnship player for the likes of Leicester, Wolves and Blackburn

Edited by L/H White