Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Penalty Order Changing?

madthatter

• Site Supporter

Sounds daft to me.

I'd get rid of pens altogether. Make it Golden Goal but every 3 minutes a player from each team has to leave the field (in a pre-selected order), until there's only 2 left, knackered, kicking shit out of each other. If there's still no goal after 10 further minutes, match abandoned, both teams disqualified.

I don't see how it's less pressure. If whoever is up second misses theirs - then their teammate coming straight after them is under even more pressure.

I'd just leave it and stop fancying around.

Didn't they try something in the US a few years ago, that scrapped penalty shoot-outs, and involved players running in from the half way line with the ball, with only the keeper to beat and they had about 10 seconds to get the ball in the net. I reckon that would be a bit more interesting......if they have to fuck about with it

Didn't they try something in the US a few years ago, that scrapped penalty shoot-outs, and involved players running in from the half way line with the ball, with only the keeper to beat and they had about 10 seconds to get the ball in the net. I reckon that would be a bit more interesting......if they have to fuck about with it

I think so - I seem to remember most of the chances being missed. I think penalties are perfect. Total drama that it would be a shame to get rid of. Plus - can you imagine Phil Jones on the half way line about to run at a keeper. Shudder :-)

I wish they'd stop twatting about with the bits of the game that don't need changing.

Penalties are fine as they are, and I'd love to know who it was that decided it was desperately important we be allowed to play the ball backwards from the kick off.

Non league clubs will be fucking about with sin bins next season, too.

JUST FUCK OFF!

(They should introduce an orange card, though...)

• Moderators

I don't see how it's less pressure. If whoever is up second misses theirs - then their teammate coming straight after them is under even more pressure.

I'd just leave it and stop fancying around.

Likewise

You have to score if you're going first otherwise the other team have the upper hand or there's pressure on the keeper at least

Penalties in general = pressure

Unless you're Snoop's nan

Sounds daft to me.

I'd get rid of pens altogether. Make it Golden Goal but every 3 minutes a player from each team has to leave the field (in a pre-selected order), until there's only 2 left, knackered, kicking shit out of each other. If there's still no goal after 10 further minutes, match abandoned, both teams disqualified.

But then I actually quite like this idea no matter how stupid and "ITV Game Show" it is

• Site Supporter

It's a bit Cheesy.

If one FA Cup semi-final has teams disqualified under this "rule" there be no final. Genius or what?

No - the teams that were defeated in the previous round have a play-off to take their place.

And it was a joke by the way. I don't think there should be any change to Penalty shoot-outs.

On the penalty front a rule change that would improve the game. If a player is deemed guilty of simulation or diving in the box, instead of getting a yellow card he concedes a penalty against his own team.

Edited by HR

On the penalty front a rule change that would improve the game. If a player is deemed guilty of simulation or diving in the box, instead of getting a yellow card he concedes a penalty against his own team.

No.

Yellow card.

After the game, independent panel, if he's found to have dived, 6 month ban. 12 month ban 2nd time. lifetime ban 3rd time.

Diving will be stopped in less than 3 weeks.

(And diving is different to 'going down easily - that infers theres contact)

I always thought the idea the yanks had when they first started up the MLS was decent. Player starts from the halfway line, one on one with the keeper, and had about ten seconds or whatever to score. They do something similar in hockey. It would rely on a wider range of skills than a simple penalty kick.