Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
15 hours ago, Ani said:

Apart from a couple of Brexiteers on here most people have said there will be a deal. The actual make up of the deal is what people are waiting for. 

I am glad that the Goolagong Herald is confident though. 🦥🦥😁

:D The what!!!??? Never heard of it and, even if I had, newspapers are just so passe.

ABC News mate and, yes, basically the Australian Board of Communists.

• Members
15 hours ago, Sweep said:

I agree, but it would be a bit shit if it's worse than what we currently have, and we still find ourselves tenuously linked to the ECJ, which is what is currently being mooted.

Still, as you've never told us what the minimum that you expect from a deal is (unlike Mounts, who has) you can celebrate any deal what is signed, no matter how good or bad it is. To be fair, it is quite complex, so there is certainly no shame in you not fully understanding the consequences of what is currently happening.

:rofl: Leave it out matey. You won't be stealing the moral high ground from me. The WTO and a clean break would not disappoint me. Likewise, a deal of some sort would in effect stomp on the doom mongers who said it would never happen as a part of Project Fear so that too would hold some satisfaction.

Win-win situation pour moi, mon ami.

20 hours ago, Spider said:

Get me my deliveries, and let me deliver to Eire, and you can all quibble over the haddock until you're hoarse.

We all want different things so I suppose you're right in a way.

Mounts wants to sit in Spain with a smug grin, a sense of imperialistic superiority and a union jack hat, Bolty wants to upset liberals and imagine Belgians crying into the moules et frites. They're retiring soon and couldn't give a fuck so long as they get to grin at Spanish waiters like they've just bummed their mothers. 

Farrelli wants it all to collapse around us. 

Me and you just want some stuff to turn up on time. 

In reality, I know we won't be any better off, but we're at the stage where even the hardcore brexit mob are declaring that things not dying on their arse will be a victory. 

It's 13 working days until this all goes live and it looks like it'll be 2 or 3 before we fully understand if things will turn up.

13 working days should be plenty of time 

Who was it pre referendum that said a comprehensive free trade deal could be done in 2 weeks? 

Should have been sorted back in July 2016, forget article 50 

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

13 working days should be plenty of time 

Who was it pre referendum that said a comprehensive free trade deal could be done in 2 weeks

Should have been sorted back in July 2016, forget article 50 

That was Maggie Tate, but to be fair, he didn't really have a clue what on earth he was talking about, he just wrote long posts and multi-quoted in order to try and appear intelligent. 

If you recall, he also suggested the dip in the pound was basically just down to people getting their holiday spending money

7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

As long as the bloke who are lived in Australia for over 30 years is happy with the deal then we have nowt to worry about.

he's happy with absolutely any deal that we sign, or even if we do actually go "no deal" that way he can then claim that he's won...........

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

That was Maggie Tate, but to be fair, he didn't really have a clue what on earth he was talking about, he just wrote long posts and multi-quoted in order to try and appear intelligent. 

If you recall, he also suggested the dip in the pound was basically just down to people getting their holiday spending money

Let's not forget his sycophant followers who are actually on record as 'wishing he was Prime Minister' 😀

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Like to said to him at the time. It's possible to be bright - but still be wrong about pretty much everything.

And I'm yet to meet someone off here who's not been brilliant in person. 

Ain’t met the Anthill Mob yet then ?