Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Think the time has come for Ken to stop aiming for making a buck, make an offer to any interested parties that as long as he gets back what he’s put in he walks away 

yep, we might end up no better off. With buyers who have as little money as he has but it’s too far gone for him now and the anger will just turn on to the next one 

the club is only worth what someone is willing to pay so this perceived £25m valuation is pie in the sky. 

If / when we go down it’ll be worth half that so he stands no chance of making a decent profit. He needs to cut his losses and quick or we’re both stuck with each other 

Agreed 

Just now, Marc505 said:

Chief rabble rouser on trotters blog is adamant.

Yeah so I’ve seen. No way on Earth there was so many. They may well have got four figures - albeit a sizeable percentage being crazy corner types and at least one smoke bomb judging by the smell - plus a load of bell ends jumping on Nat’s statue, but there’s no danger it was as high as 4,000. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rizlar said:

I reckon it was about 1500 

Yep, I was outside the shop and reckoned around that number. BBC NW also quoted 1500. Surprising really when they can’t offer a sensible solution between them except for ‘Fuck the Andersons’.

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yeah so I’ve seen. No way on Earth there was so many. They may well have got four figures - albeit a sizeable percentage being crazy corner types and at least one smoke bomb judging by the smell - plus a load of bell ends jumping on Nat’s statue, but there’s no danger it was as high as 4,000. 

It got decent coverage on Sky and led to some discussion too at least. Hope people aren't expecting it might turn into something TV media will run with though, unless Clem shows up for a 5 minute cameo

I am at the point I am neither for KA or against he's the only show in town but he really needs to get rid of this manager it's a piss take 1win in 18 It must be demoralising for the players as well as us fans . The football is shit he changes the team every week he plays wingers on the opposite sides as he got a coaching badge ffs.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

It got decent coverage on Sky and led to some discussion too at least. Hope people aren't expecting it might turn into something TV media will run with though, unless Clem shows up for a 5 minute cameo

It won’t get any mileage with the media until people work out what exactly they’re protesting about, what they want to achieve and how it is going to happen rather than singing “fuck the Anderson’s” on a loop. 

I remember chanting "sack the board" outside Burnden mid-1980s. I had no idea who exactly I wanted to sack the board (themselves?) or what it would achieve. I was a kid, didn't have a clue. Enjoyed it though :roll:

Wasn't there tonight, but did walk round the coffee table. Twice. Once each direction for a bit of balance. Wasn't up to much to be honest.

Oh, for the good old days ...

I don't know how many actually walked round but I watched it as I was arriving and I would say it was a few thousand and a lot more than I thought. It was a few less who gathered outside after the walk round.

In a weird way I quite enjoyed watching it. Not heard any sort of chanting before a game at home for ages - took me back a bit - and apart from the moronic Anderson chants there was some general club supporting chants.

In the ground I also enjoyed seeing the orange warriors get a little bit back - them guys have no idea how to manage a crowd. Also noticed the police weren't in a hurry to help them out. 

Edited by Walkden White

• Site Supporter

From where I sit, it looked as though the stewards over-reacted in an already hostile situation when the ESL teens tried to get one of their banners upstairs. Wading in was never going to end nicely when they're all fairly highly strung. 
Once the banner got thrown up and unfurled, another Steward made his way down to the kids holding it up until a supervisor thought better of it and pulled him back.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

From where I sit, it looked as though the stewards over-reacted in an already hostile situation when the ESL teens tried to get one of their banners upstairs. Wading in was never going to end nicely when they're all fairly highly strung. 
Once the banner got thrown up and unfurled, another Steward made his way down to the kids holding it up until a supervisor thought better of it and pulled him back.

That's pretty much how I saw it.

5 hours ago, Walkden White said:

I don't know how many actually walked round but I watched it as I was arriving and I would say it was a few thousand and a lot more than I thought. It was a few less who gathered outside after the walk round.

In a weird way I quite enjoyed watching it. Not heard any sort of chanting before a game at home for ages - took me back a bit - and apart from the moronic Anderson chants there was some general club supporting chants.

In the ground I also enjoyed seeing the orange warriors get a little bit back - them guys have no idea how to manage a crowd. Also noticed the police weren't in a hurry to help them out. 

I thought there were a lot walking round but when got to the protest not as many as it looked. More than I expected. 

9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I just want an owner with a vision for the club they don’t have to invest 10s of millions just want to take the club forward and try to unite the fans to get behind the club and try to share a vision.. 

i know you do however we need an owner to invest millions if you want to go forward. if you can accept we are what we are then great. 

Last night the division in fans looked more folk just wanting to act up latching on to people who want to actually make a difference. personally i am glad i avoided the whole affair. in fact out of the 6 ST holders in our lot i think only 1 went. 

10 minutes ago, Big E said:

i know you do however we need an owner to invest millions if you want to go forward. if you can accept we are what we are then great. 

Last night the division in fans looked more folk just wanting to act up latching on to people who want to actually make a difference. personally i am glad i avoided the whole affair. in fact out of the 6 ST holders in our lot i think only 1 went. 

This is the problem 1 out of 6 season ticket holders went amongst your friends and I’d bet many groups of friends had similar levels who turned out, with Anderson in charge and lack of decisive action in dealing with the manager and without any vision for the club the levels of apathy will continue to grow, the club is dying on its arse. I don’t pretend to know the answer but what I do know is that Ken Anderson is poisonous for the club and whilst he’s tried his best with what he’s had, his time is up. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

The fact that 1 in 6 of E's group of season ticket holders isn't the problem here.

The fact the group has 6 tickets show they're backing the club financially. It's the general apathy from the town that is helping to kill the club, plus the lack of a billionaire, obviously.

That said...

We reached a tipping point last night. They got around 1500 to walk around a ground they were going to anyway and they're claiming a success. 

You just know they're going to protest at every home game going forward now and if that's the case, I'm done with going and I bet I won't be alone.