Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull Game

Ani

WTF?!

His kicking today was the best I’ve seen from him

If I had any gripe against him today it was his reluctance to catch the bloody ball when it was the easier option and he still looks shaky with the odd cross. He's a great shot stopper though

If I had any gripe against him today it was his reluctance to catch the bloody ball when it was the easier option and he still looks shaky with the odd cross. He's a great shot stopper though

i think with it pissing it down as hard as it was today most keepers would lean towards punching it clear rather than trying to catch it.

• Site Supporter

Chuffed to bits with that - all has pretty much been said already.

Hull surprised me especially in the 1st half how poor they were. They are big trouble this season, no doubt about it. Didn’t really think they would struggle but I’m sure we can finish above them.

Looked a few tired legs out there at the end, great team effort

Really? I thought 3 or 4 of their clever through balls totally ripped us apart at times and we rode our luck.

On another day we could have easily lost that game 3-1.

But it's New Years Day, 3 wins out of 4 over the Christmas period....and the Whites are staying up!

Must admit, from our good start in the first 5 minutes, it became a bit close to the Burton game where we were struggling to contend with the opposition. I feared the worst until Madine scored.

Guy behind me was cussing like hell when he'd gone down under pressure to win the free kick. "Get back on your feet you weak bastard!" I think were his words.

I just turned around with a wry smile when the ball flew in. "Go on, you were saying!"

I watch the player interviews on YouTube regularly and I have noticed in a round about way they always mention the fans getting on particular players backs. Alnwick was today’s mentioned one.

I know it’s tough going sometimes and I don’t wanna knock anyone supporting us but the moaners are fucking ridiculous at times. It must get to the players.

That said when our supports been good/ loud, they always mention how much it helps and they appreciate it.

I know but our support can be fucking brilliant. We are good lot really. Funny aswell, today one of there’s with that tied up hair thing they do, come over to take a throw in. Ours say ‘ oh you! You do realise that thing on the back your head looks like a small cock’. Made me laugh anyway.

• Members

Out all day supping Monteith's keeping as much cash in my pocket as possible to load up on Material Man in the Perth Cup which duly obliged (I took 4.40).

Got home around half nine well pickled but stayed up to watch it (11pm our time).

Brilliant goal and all round performance by Jules' hero - still can't believe he didn't put that header in near the end; looked harder to miss.

Absolutely brilliant festive period for us and I remain convinced that we will achieve mid table obscurity this season which, when you consider our start, would be fucking amazing.