Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

28 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

We know the £5m went to pay BluMarble, so if KA borrowed another £3m off Eddie I think it is more than reasonable to believe that went into the club for wages - everyone ok with that too?

The source for that information doesn't believe that, nor do they believe the additional money generated by Ken for Ken from the club will ever find it's way back (or was ever intended to).

It's one thing to say Howard is a liar because he insinuated bad things about your favourite football chairman. It's quite a feat though to say he's a liar, but telling the truth only about the certain bits which you can somehow frame into proving Ken's sainthood.

This is why you should never get too attached to sweaty former football agents.

Edited by Tombwfc

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Ooops forgot about him and Jimmy McIlroy too. Got to say amongst the no-nos and so-sos we have had some good managers, it's such a shame we've not had one for some time now.

What we need more than ever is a Jimmy Armfield, Ian Greaves, Phil Neal, Bruce Rioch, Colin Todd or dare I say it... a Sam Allardyce!!!

I'd certainly say it. Best sustained level of top flight football most of us have ever witnessed.

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Just think about this way. You go into a pie shop and you want to buy 8 pies but you've only got enough money for 5. How many pies are you going to be short?

Tricky one ain't it?

I’d get 8 pasties. 

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

The source for that information doesn't believe that, nor do they believe the additional money generated by Ken for Ken from the club will ever find it's way back (or was ever intended to).

It's one thing to say Howard is a liar because he insinuated bad things about your favourite football chairman. It's quite a feat though to say he's a liar, but telling the truth only about the certain bits which you can somehow frame into proving Ken's sainthood.

This is why you should never get to attached to sweaty football agents.

I've noticed that whatever I post that you are always one of two people to jump on me telling me that I am a Ken lover, I'm weird, or both.

I've not called Howard a liar at all, in fact I've intimated more often than not that he's been by far and away the best source we've had about what's been going on.  I have tempered that though by saying I will wait to see how things turn out though rather than accept what we might be told to expect.

The £3m in question was loaned before Eddie died, obviously, so for what reason to we suspect Davies lend it to him, to pay for a nice holiday, to buy a few more tank tops, or to pay off some of the clubs debts (most probably the wages)?

If that is the case, which simple logic dictates it would be, then he as borrowed money to put into the club - and if the money is still owed he needs to pay it back.  

Maybe he never will but if he doesn't he will lose ownership of the club, which in turn leads to Administration of his company and the consequential investigation from the Administrator that follows.

Maybe someone else pays it off for him and doesn't ask for it back - is that likely?  Could he have planned such an outcome when he borrowed the money last year before Eddie's death?

Maybe he liquidates the club and takes his chances with the Liquidator?

The bottom line does seem however - even though you may not like it, or me (Custard originally) for saying it - that Ken borrowed £3m to put into the club and if he can't somehow wriggle free from settling it, then it will have to come out of his pocket in some way, shape or form.

2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What are you missing?

Well you are missing £3million to start with. Eddie didn't just lend Ken the £5million to pay off Blumarble, we learned via Howard that he'd lent him another £3m previous to that. The £5million was secured against club property but the £3million wasn't so Ken will have to find this out of his family finances unless he can get someone else to pay it.

Where did the £3m go? It didn't really suit Howard to say much about that but the club plainly had a significant cash flow deficit prior to the Madine sale so it probably went mainly on the biggest expense. i.e. wages.

Lets just park it there for the mo. There are some folk who seem unable to grasp the simplest concepts so lets not confuse them with the factoring saga. We can come back to that

Patronising!

3 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What are you missing?

Well you are missing £3million to start with. Eddie didn't just lend Ken the £5million to pay off Blumarble, we learned via Howard that he'd lent him another £3m previous to that. The £5million was secured against club property but the £3million wasn't so Ken will have to find this out of his family finances unless he can get someone else to pay it.

Where did the £3m go? It didn't really suit Howard to say much about that but the club plainly had a significant cash flow deficit prior to the Madine sale so it probably went mainly on the biggest expense. i.e. wages.

Lets just park it there for the mo. There are some folk who seem unable to grasp the simplest concepts so lets not confuse them with the factoring saga. We can come back to that

Condescending prick!

Are people still trying to pretend Ken is a responsible owner? He came in and took hard decisions which needed taking. But it’s clear that he’d be prepared to take a founding member of the league to the wall rather than somehow lose face.

He did a job for a while, but it was a job. Not a passion project. Not something he ever wanted or had the means to see through.

Forget the hysterics - owners don’t have to invest millions of their own money - but it’s clear Ken will risk the club at times unnecessarily for his own gain sometimes even just to make a point. That’s not responsible ownership. In doing so he messes with employees and fans and has done so too many times now.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I'd certainly say it. Best sustained level of top flight football most of us have ever witnessed.

True, probably the last period of sustained football in our lifetimes, judging by the way things are going. 

Heard A rumour a while back that Neil Warnock may be concidering leaving Cardiff City, if he did, would you welcome him to the UOBS? 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

True, probably the last period of sustained football in our lifetimes, judging by the way things are going. 

Heard a rumour a while back that Neil Warnock may be concidering leaving Cardiff City, if he did, would you welcome him to the UOBS? 

3 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What are you missing?

Can I just make one small point here - other than Howards saying so what other verifiable evidence is there that ED loaned KA this £3 million ?

I just think once again this discussion board gets drawn into the minutiae when at this point until its verified its not really that worthy of that much attention - its purely speculation 

You are the one who supposedly saw through Howard first ? But are clinging to this as absolute gospel

I only ask because If I had loaned someone £3 million and then they had come along asking for another £5 million , I would not have then taken security on £5 million only  I would have secured all £8 million 

And please dont try and draw me into a discussion on this I have other things to do right now 

Just thought I would make the point because as others say its all so very tedious 

Edited by Benny The Ball

26 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Heard a rumour a while back that Neil Warnock may be concidering leaving Cardiff City, if he did, would you welcome him to the UOBS? 

Fucking hell I'd snatch your hand off. But there will be a queue of clubs in front of us that would be a much more attractive option. And absolutely no chance if we were in League 1

5 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I think you will find that I was amongst the first, if not the first, to suss out Howard's little game.

Deary me.

I don't remember anyone saying Howard was lying or that it was all a hoax. He was answering about 100 questions a day ffs, it must have been tedious as a lot of the questions were repeated.

What i did notice was that he curbed his enthusiasm and seemed to lose confidence in "his mobs" chances of doing a deal, once they realised there was another bidder.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

37 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Heard A rumour a while back that Neil Warnock may be concidering leaving Cardiff City, if he did, would you welcome him to the UOBS? 

I’d think he’ll retire he’s nearly 70 and lives in the southwest so he ain’t travelling to manage us.

3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Deary me.

I don't remember anyone saying he was lying or that it was all a hoax. He was answering about 100 questions a day ffs, it must have been tedious as a lot of the questions were repeated.

What i did notice was the he curbed his enthusiasm and seemed to lose confidence in "his mobs" chances of doing a deal, once he realised there was another bidder.

He also said Bassini was to take ownership yesterday.

39 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Are people still trying to pretend Ken is a responsible owner? He came in and took hard decisions which needed taking. But it’s clear that he’d be prepared to take a founding member of the league to the wall rather than somehow lose face.

He did a job for a while, but it was a job. Not a passion project. Not something he ever wanted or had the means to see through.

Forget the hysterics - owners don’t have to invest millions of their own money - but it’s clear Ken will risk the club at times unnecessarily for his own gain sometimes even just to make a point. That’s not responsible ownership. In doing so he messes with employees and fans and has done so too many times now.

Plus one (first for everything!) And i cant really add anything else. Really think he would liquidate without a care only for his bottom line

1 minute ago, lowcarbon said:

Sounded like Bassini had a couple of issues that needed sorting with Anderson, if I heard TS interview right. So there may be time Tuesday afternoon for team Howard 

I fear we've heard the last from "Team Howard" they don't seem to have the appetite to do the deal and Ken appears to have had one over on them - maybe they underestimated him.

Little man playing with the big boys eh?

3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I can't see Bassini proving sufficient funds.

Especially as hes saying no backers all his own money? How? Multi millionaire in 12 months? Fully expect him not proving funds and ken then saying no choice but liquidation. All too convenient just when he 'appeared' at last minute to save us back when