Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jury Service

gonzo

Anyone been stung for this?

Im on it soon. Total ballache but intriguing at the same time.

Hope its a footy violence trial 🤣🤣

Fella I used to work for was the cheif juror in the shipman case. 

Spoke to a customer other day and he had a gang land murder case. Fella wrapped a body in carpet and left him alive on train tracks 😳

I did it at Preston got a drug dealer who was part of big trial he denied driving Liverpool to Bradford to collect drugs and distribute, we didn’t know the other lads had pleaded guilty and had already been sent down, anyhow we found him guilty. 

this was the main case we just did one lad who was not main player who’d pleaded not guilty.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333901/amp/Drug-gang-jailed-167-years-police-raid-uncovers-200-000-cash-1-5million-heroin-cocaine.html

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I did it once, was surprised how many turn up, you do it for 2 weeks, must have been at least 150 people and in the first 4 days i never got selected for any of the trials so you just sit around all day waiting.

On the fifth day the rang me in the morning and said we don't need you anymore so that was that.

Boring.

I did it last year, thought I was exempt working in a prison (24 in uniform) but I had to go , day one when I was called up I knew 3 witnesses (prison staff) went back to the jurors room, second day I knew 2 of the defendants (ex cons) back to the jurors room, day 3 nothing, day 4 I said i knew one of the defendants, back to the jurors room, at lunch time a woman came to me and said i was excused for the rest of my service, I've done plenty court services over the years as dock officer

• Site Supporter

Did it for some gang assault in Hindley 

found it interesting, more so for the fact, listening to the prosecution and all the witness around that, you’d think definitely guilty 

then the defence and cross examinations etc and it fucks your head as you think definitely innocent then 

the jury room debate when considering was really good, just normal people really weighing up what they’d heard and discussing, even arguing to come to the decision 

the decision in the jury room was if we can’t agree, then there’s doubt so we can’t say guilty, this was agreed as the correct thing even by those saying guilty . 

53 minutes ago, Rudy said:

@gonzo How many on trial do you think you’ll know?

Haha I've a couple of mates awaiting trial for footy stuff. Id absolutely piss my pants if I got that.

Yeah its random mate, I got the nod last year but differed it. Tried again this year but they said no chance. You have no choice.

I belive I can claim loss of earnings and you get any travel costs back so not too bad.

Im presuming once a trial has finished my services are no longer required?

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Haha I've a couple of mates awaiting trial for footy stuff. Id absolutely piss my pants if I got that.

Yeah its random mate, I got the nod last year but differed it. Tried again this year but they said no chance. You have no choice.

I belive I can claim loss of earnings and you get any travel costs back so not too bad.

Im presuming once a trial has finished my services are no longer required?

Nope, they have your services for 2 weeks, you could go on to another trial, if a trial is expected to last over 2 weeks they ask who can't do it

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Anyone been stung for this?

Im on it soon. Total ballache but intriguing at the same time.

Hope its a footy violence trial 🤣🤣

Fella I used to work for was the cheif juror in the shipman case. 

Spoke to a customer other day and he had a gang land murder case. Fella wrapped a body in carpet and left him alive on train tracks 😳

My cousins lad is up soon and looking at double figures. he’s classified extremely high risk. Hope you get his trial you will like it. Close to the heart 👀

• Site Supporter

Called twice. First on was Coroner’s Court and the trial was an Indian solicitor caught with his hand in the Legal Aid tin. Once caught, he drove home and pulled over on M61 to change a wheel and ‘accidentally’ fell under the wheels of an articulated wagon. Police expert witness said there was nothing wrong with the tyres.

Second was Crown Court and sat doing nothing for two days and then got on a rape trial. It lasted 5 days so until the second Tuesday. Spent next three days reading. After the verdict the judge read out his ‘previous’ the fucker had even raped his mother!

When I was there I never got called but asian lad I talked to would come out of a trial and be back in the next time a trial started, I guess its trying to get a representation but he never stopped in the two weeks. A trial was delayed as well waiting for a juror to return from dinner, she rolled in about an hour late with10 bags from primark, she couldn't see what the problem was, few of the potential jurors were proper off their heads but met a few sound people