Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H) Easter Monday

matty2094

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Big E said:

That’s why you don’t fuck around in the run in.  

aye

fine margins here

have to win the game in hand

got to be looking to finish 5th

much rather face barnsley over two legs than potentially ipswich or sheff weds

thank fuck Derby are wobbling 

Just now, woolli said:

Eddie, expect the wrath of Spiderboy and cheese for telling the truth! That was poor!

Don’t get me wrong, 99% of the time I think he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to us, and this result doesn’t change that, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that IMO it’s his fault that we didn’t win today. 

I just don’t get why you’d make so many changes at once - and then still make the 2 subs after we’d scored that left us really short in midfield. 

1 minute ago, Zico said:

aye

fine margins here

have to win the game in hand

got to be looking to finish 5th

much rather face barnsley over two legs than potentially ipswich or sheff weds

thank fuck Derby are wobbling 

You have to win at home against the bottom sides. Too much “they cherubs are tired”. They can rest 7th may if we keep fucking about. 

this isn’t just bipolar ways. That’s a massive fuck up

To be fair I didn’t disagree with his starting with Vic and Cameron who gave us extra height and weight against a physical Cambridge but I certainly wouldn’t have changed midfield so much and hopefully that’s the last we’ll see of Shortire who just isn’t up to this level yet when we have better in the club. Had one of Dions or Dans gone in it would have been game over but fair play to the U’s they wanted it more in the end and deserved a point. No real damage done thanks to other results so learn from this and onward and upward we go.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Don’t get me wrong, 99% of the time I think he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to us, and this result doesn’t change that, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that IMO it’s his fault that we didn’t win today. 

I just don’t get why you’d make so many changes at once - and then still make the 2 subs after we’d scored that left us really short in midfield. 

The second substitutions were madness

The good news is that we’re still in the play offs, have a game in hand, don’t have a tough run in, would have taken 4 points from the Easter weekend and Derby look like a team full of old boys that didn’t have a pre season.

Still shit though