Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham a

radcliffe white

5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Who Lusty?

I can be for 50 grand if you bring your own lube.....

Talking of Les Dennis, we were in London yesterday and at Liverpool St Station the missus was staring up at the departures board looking for our train. Managed to get a slap for sneaking up behind her, putting my arm around her shoulder and saying "if it's up there, I'll give you the money meself"

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

Bloody hell we might all be missing our planned train back from Cheltenham if tonight’s game is anything to go by….

Let’s see how long it lasts ! Was like that rule about moving the free kicks forward if the wall didn’t move back, didn’t last long.  But in fairness, the amount of time the ball is in play in 90 minutes is a pee take. So let’s hope it continues - as that will really be an issue for crap teams wanting to waste time.

Edited by marple whites

6 hours ago, marple whites said:

Let’s see how long it lasts ! Was like that rule about moving the free kicks forward if the wall didn’t move back, didn’t last long.  But in fairness, the amount of time the ball is in play in 90 minutes is a pee take. So let’s hope it continues - as that will really be an issue for crap teams wanting to waste time.

I'm all for it. If it's properly done teams will cut out/down the time wasting tactics & it'll normalise. The alternative would be yellows after yellows.

The crowd reaction when the board goes up with 12+ minutes on will tell the clubs, players, coaches to cut it out. There were teams time wasting inside 20 minutes last season.

Bolton will have done it too at times but not on the extremes of some.

There'll be loads of late goals, that for sure. The fitter teams, with strong benches will benefit. The thing to look out for will be additional time from time wasting in the additional time, that usually gets missed.

I said elsewhere that, for me, I'd hand the time assessment to an off pitch official & let the ref crack on with refereeing. 

• Moderators

Cant see it making a difference to time wasting 

Most teams do it just to slow the games down and stop the opposition in their flow 

That will continue 

Games just going to get longer 

And probably a lot more injury time equalisers and winners

11 hours ago, DazBob said:

There was a total of 15 mins added on last night, in a game with barely any stoppages or time wasting.

Get ready for some late finishes this season folks.

I saw you posted on this and thought something different was coming

On 05/08/2023 at 05:58, Dr. Feelgood said:

I'm all for it. If it's properly done teams will cut out/down the time wasting tactics & it'll normalise. The alternative would be yellows after yellows.

The crowd reaction when the board goes up with 12+ minutes on will tell the clubs, players, coaches to cut it out. There were teams time wasting inside 20 minutes last season.

Bolton will have done it too at times but not on the extremes of some.

There'll be loads of late goals, that for sure. The fitter teams, with strong benches will benefit. The thing to look out for will be additional time from time wasting in the additional time, that usually gets missed.

I said elsewhere that, for me, I'd hand the time assessment to an off pitch official & let the ref crack on with refereeing. 

Should certainly help us when tin pot teams come to us and waste time from minute 1 - as a rule it should help the stronger sides.

11 minutes ago, Zico said:

The actual champions won there though

They did indeed, although that’s not what our man with the step ladder said.

Not sure I’ve ever heard the first away game of the season being referred to as a “must win”.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

16 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Not sure I’ve ever heard the first away game of the season being referred to as a “must win”.

I agree it is not a 'must win' but it is the type of game we tripped up in last year and the type we need to get points from if we want to finish higher than last year.

Saturday was pretty dominant start building on that with a similar performance and result would be brilliant. 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

to be fair he didn't say it was "must win" either

but I agree with the sentiment, as a favourite for the title it's the sort of place we should be looking to go where we assert our domainance, and not turn in the sort of performance we did last season and similar places