Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

• Members

Made hard work of that.

Only started playing football again after they equalised. Too many lazy chipped balls from back to front ... which came back time and time again.

Still, a win is a win and that's another unwanted stat against us that's now in the bin.

Thought Sheehan was brilliant tonight.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bit harsh. Bloke's got nine this season and is a decent goal scorer. 

Other parts if his game may be weaker, but that's why he's in league one. 

Perhaps not the man when we're under the cosh, but he's good for us.

Agree Charles is starting every time. It's the combination I meant that isn't right. Need someone next to him who can hold it up.

By eck we made a meal of that in the end but results at that venue are a bit of a litmus test in this league. I wasn't sure we had it in us.  Can we do it again on Saturday? Always the temptation to say a point would do after a win like tonight but in reality if we want top two we need the win. 

Anyway, that's for Saturday, enjoy tonight's win for 24 hours first.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Walkden White said:

Agree Charles is starting every time. It's the combination I meant that isn't right. Need someone next to him who can hold it up.

When we're on the front foot and playing at pace, they do link up quite well at times.

Just not big units that will hold it and relieve pressure.

A lot of questions about character etc. once that second went in, and somewhat justified because it looked like we’d just been waiting for it to happen all half - however, what a response straight after! All questions answered, unreal character when most would have expected us to go on and lose it.

It’s the kind of result, and way of winning a game that can kick us on for a really good run and get us out of the rut that we’ve been in.

Plenty of good performances but Sheehan is a cut above the rest. His quality is too good for this league and his bravery in taking the ball in all areas of the pitch is top class.

Honourable mention for JDC - playing out of position I thought he had a great game and back to his form from a few games ago.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

By eck we made a meal of that in the end but results at that venue are a bit of a litmus test in this league. I wasn't sure we had it in us.  Can we do it again on Saturday? Always the temptation to say a point would do after a win like tonight but in reality if we want top two we need the win. 

Anyway, that's for Saturday, enjoy tonight's win for 24 hours first.

Charlton got whooped tonight.

We should be confident.

6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Made hard work of that.

Only started playing football again after they equalised. Too many lazy chipped balls from back to front ... which came back time and time again.

Still, a win is a win and that's another unwanted stat against us that's now in the bin.

Thought Sheehan was brilliant tonight.

Came on to post but this is it 100%

Was painful that second half until they equalised. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

A lot of questions about character etc. once that second went in, and somewhat justified because it looked like we’d just been waiting for it to happen all half - however, what a response straight after! All questions answered, unreal character when most would have expected us to go on and lose it.

It’s the kind of result, and way of winning a game that can kick us on for a really good run and get us out of the rut that we’ve been in.

Plenty of good performances but Sheehan is a cut above the rest. His quality is too good for this league and his bravery in taking the ball in all areas of the pitch is top class.

Honourable mention for JDC - playing out of position I thought he had a great game and back to his form from a few games ago.

Precisely my thoughts.