Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford (A)

TrickyTrotter

13 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Next two away games we can simply go and frustrate and get draws 

Not a chance we’re doing that with the confidence they must have at the minute, particularly coming up against two wounded teams (with bans upcoming). Theoretically I’d take a point from both but I genuinely fancy us to win 2-0 at Oxford and nick a 1-0 at Pompey. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not a chance we’re doing that with the confidence they must have at the minute, particularly coming up against two wounded teams (with bans upcoming). Theoretically I’d take a point from both but I genuinely fancy us to win 2-0 at Oxford and nick a 1-0 at Pompey. 

Similar, I fancy us to at least get 3 points from them. 6 wouldn't surprise me at all

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m more pointing out the luxury we have

yes I agree let’s press on and do these however we’ve done the hard work in gaining ground back it’s a good position to be in 

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Depends on injuries but don't fix what's not broken if all fit

We'll play better if Bod starts instead of Vic, because he's a better player.  But that could just be the difference between winning 2-0 or 1-0 so as long as we win I don't care if we start with Coleman up front.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We'll play better if Bod starts instead of Vic, because he's a better player.  But that could just be the difference between winning 2-0 or 1-0 so as long as we win I don't care if we start with Coleman up front.

We, as fans have no idea if his fitness levels are capable of starting and lasting 60-70 minutes whilst implementing our attacking press that Dion and Vic do so well. There’s obviously a reason why he’s not been starting and I doubt it’s Evatt being spiteful. Yes JDB looks great coming on with 25-30 minutes to go but that’s when defenders are fatigued. Stockport is an outlier as they’re a league 2 side so we can’t draw a like for like comparison. 

7 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Any advice on best place to park near the ground?

It's on a big retail park like Middlebrook. Beyond that it's a bit hopeless. Surrounded by the big and not altogether friendly Blackbird Leys estate. You could park in the city centre and get the bus out but they charge an utter fortune for parking in Oxford. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It's on a big retail park like Middlebrook. Beyond that it's a bit hopeless. Surrounded by the big and not altogether friendly Blackbird Leys estate. You could park in the city centre and get the bus out but they charge an utter fortune for parking in Oxford. 

Isn't there a clean air charge thing in the city too?

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Any advice on best place to park near the ground?

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I seem to recall we parked on that estate under Parky. Walked under a little bridge to the ground, wasn’t far and dodged all the traffic after the game. 

8 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Screenshot-2023-11-26-at-13-57-09.png

Good time to be hitting top form, but on the other hand, a run of fixtures like this can stunt that momentum. Will need to rotate the squad a fair amount between 23 December and 13 January.

Wigan more than likely off as it’s FA cup 4th round 

if we’re still in and around it with 3 games in hand it would look very healthy