Harrogate H

little whitt

14 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Very good performance.

disappointed with ashworth and jones.

gutted not to get 2 hat tricks, but front 2 were really good

annoyed we gave a goal away

united next please 

Just personal opinions...mine is that Jones had a superb game, but made one mistake which cost a goal, 9 out of 10 times a shot from that distance doesn't end up in the net, Santos made some daft errors too and they weren't punished.  Aside from that (and his booking for a late/needless challenge!), he had a great game, passing was superb.

Ashworth was a class above Williams, good incisive passing and always looking to go forward.  Not tested defensively today but looks very assured and switched on in possession.

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just personal opinions...mine is that Jones had a superb game, but made one mistake which cost a goal, 9 out of 10 times a shot from that distance doesn't end up in the net, Santos made some daft errors too and they weren't punished.  Aside from that (and his booking for a late/needless challenge!), he had a great game, passing was superb.

Ashworth was a class above Williams, good incisive passing and always looking to go forward.  Not tested defensively today but looks very assured and switched on in possession.

Not being awkward but I thought Williams was decent !
jones did a few stray passes, but they still had a bit to do from his bad pass for the goal.

always interesting to hear different peoples views.

anyway - onto round 3

28 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Turning out to be the player most of us didn’t think he could be is Dan. Just hope he continues with this great form

Indeed. Consistent and he’s a great player. Inconsistent and he’ll get rounded on. Hope he continues. There’s a good player in there 

• Members
17 hours ago, captainmed said:

Not too concerned about this.

It’s got to be full focus on the league & limiting injuries.

A draw and a new ground to tick off will suit me personally although I think we will win.

2-0.

Out next round after a closely fought game at Old Triffid (and possibly a replay) boosts our coffers would suit me.

I think we’ve assembled a decent squad for this level and despite all the criticism of players and selections it’s hard to argue with the results. Of course we are far from perfect but it’s a good effort, players are improving and there are plenty of signs that we’re good enough to get over the line. Of course it would be wonderful if we didn’t make mistakes like Jones today and we converted more chances etc etc but there’s a bigger picture to consider and the key elements are where we’ve come from and whether we can reinvent ourselves again if we progress. Personally I’m loving it and despite my concerns I’m very happy with the way things are going. 
Evatt in.

Edited by Wanderlust

• Members
Just now, Wanderlust said:

I think we’ve assembled a decent squad for this level and despite all the criticism of players and selections it’s hard to argue with the results. Of course we are far from perfect but it’s a good effort, players are improving and there are plenty of signs that we’re good enough to get over the line. Of course it would be wonderful if we didn’t make mistakes like Jones today and we converted more chances etc etc but there’s a bigger picture to consider and the key elements are where we’ve come from and whether we can reinvent ourselves again if we progress. Personally I’m loving it and despite my concerns I’m very happy with the way things are going. 
Evatt in.

??? If no team ever made mistakes, the 0-0 draws would become tiresome.

Man City make mistakes. Bayern Munich make mistakes. Real Madrid make mistakes. Thank fuck they do or football would be even more boring than many Premier League games have already become. I'm off to watch the National League highlights show now to keep myself grounded.

The entire operation of BWFC is purring like a Rolls Royce with a few miles on the clock. We can move on to a straight from the showroom model once we are back in the Championship which looks absolutely inEvattable to me.

11 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Man City make mistakes. Bayern Munich make mistakes. Real Madrid make mistakes. Thank fuck they do or football would be even more boring than many Premier League games have already become. I'm off to watch the National League highlights show now to keep myself grounded.

The entire operation of BWFC is purring like a Rolls Royce with a few miles on the clock. We can move on to a straight from the showroom model once we are back in the Championship which looks absolutely inEvattable to me.

Point beautifully missed but it seems we are in agreement.

We have a squad of players that are currently full of confidence and playing well. The debate is more Bod deserves a start rather than Vic needs dropping. The idea earlier in the season that Dempsey would not walk back into the team would have seemed crazy. Pre season that losing GJ would not be missed equally mad ! Our strikers in last 2 games Big Vic 1 goal, Dion 2. Big Dan 3 and Big Daddy 3. We are managing to rest players and performances are not dropping off, early season any subs seem to weaken us or at least blunt any threat. 
We are in a great place as a club , the crowds are better than we have ever got at this level. Transfer window could be a challenge to hold onto players but let's see , would take a lot of money to tempt us to sell I guess and players would surely only go if it was strong Championship teams in for them ( or higher I suppose) 

The only downside is how long can it last ? IE has a track record of teams going on long unbeaten runs so let's hope that we can keep it going for as long as possible.

It certainly feels like there is a hill and we are coming up it ! 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

We have a squad of players that are currently full of confidence and playing well. The debate is more Bod deserves a start rather than Vic needs dropping. The idea earlier in the season that Dempsey would not walk back into the team would have seemed crazy. Pre season that losing GJ would not be missed equally mad ! Our strikers in last 2 games Big Vic 1 goal, Dion 2. Big Dan 3 and Big Daddy 3. We are managing to rest players and performances are not dropping off, early season any subs seem to weaken us or at least blunt any threat. 
We are in a great place as a club , the crowds are better than we have ever got at this level. Transfer window could be a challenge to hold onto players but let's see , would take a lot of money to tempt us to sell I guess and players would surely only go if it was strong Championship teams in for them ( or higher I suppose) 

The only downside is how long can it last ? IE has a track record of teams going on long unbeaten runs so let's hope that we can keep it going for as long as possible.

It certainly feels like there is a hill and we are coming up it ! 

I reckon we're more likely to add 1 or 2 quality signings in January rather than lose anyone.

Prem league loans more than likely I'd guess. 

We're in a healthy position for sure

10 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Turning out to be the player most of us didn’t think he could be is Dan. Just hope he continues with this great form

What great form? He's been terrible all season apart from yesterday, against Man U kids, and Port Vale away. I sense a bit of a Kachunga style overreaction now to anything he does well, but he's just not good enough for this level. I don't think I've seen a professional footballer with such a bad first touch

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Stig said:

What great form? He's been terrible all season apart from yesterday, against Man U kids, and Port Vale away. I sense a bit of a Kachunga style overreaction now to anything he does well, but he's just not good enough for this level. I don't think I've seen a professional footballer with such a bad first touch

I'm happy to give him a chance now he's got the monkey off his back of not scoring in the league.

We've had some decent players who have been shit for months but ended up doing well. Nathan Blake was a right duffer in his first half a season

11 hours ago, marple whites said:

Not being awkward but I thought Williams was decent !
jones did a few stray passes, but they still had a bit to do from his bad pass for the goal.

always interesting to hear different peoples views.

anyway - onto round 3

Yes, we all see the game differently and notice different things.  I thought Williams was sloppy in and out of possession and weak, half hearted after the first few couple of minutes when he did put in that great cross to the far post. 

On Jones, accepting you saw some stray passes, I really enjoyed watching him return to the wingback role,  I feel like he offers more than Cogley both defensively and offensively.  And Forrester is no downgrade on Jones at centre back, although not his best game yesterday and a stroll in the park against Harrogate means nothing compared to Pompey away etc.

As you say, onto round 3 and we've already forgotten yesterday's game!

Edited by Johnnyrotten

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Hope so, bearing in mind the opposition in his two scoring games. He's keeping going right to the end and making and taking chances. As I said earlier he was on the spot for two of Bods goals and a provider too.

14 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'm happy to give him a chance now he's got the monkey off his back of not scoring in the league.

We've had some decent players who have been shit for months but ended up doing well. Nathan Blake was a right duffer in his first half a season

Blake was a proven striker before he came to us, 75 goals in about 200 games for Cardiff/Sheff U.  I'm not having a go at Dan - played well yesterday, hope he keeps improving - but he has no track record to point to (6 goals in 3 years before he came here). 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Spot on