Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale (H)

24 minutes ago, captainmed said:

People forget Ray was not scoring for a good while before his injury and people were saying he needed a rest.

Headless chicken.

He's scored from open play in 3 home games this season, the same as Bod and Iredale, less than Tomo.  (Collins has scored in 5 home games just in March and April).  He does have more success away from home but in home games he seems to lack composure, maybe because of the nature of the packed defences we're usually up against at home, who knows.  I'd be happy for Vic to be fit for the play off 2nd leg, he's scored in twice as many home games as Charles this season and has a bit more ability to retain possession.

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Without a doubt… and even if he does not score it’s a massive weapon in our armoury and we’ve missed it badly. 

We do miss his energy and pressing, and he has pace if balls are played into space like when he got away a couple of times yesterday on the left (1 cross cut out, 1 weak shot).  But when its back to goal or a tight situation we lose a lot because he's often too easily dispossessed or sloppy with his control or passing.  

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He's scored from open play in 3 home games this season, the same as Bod and Iredale, less than Tomo.  (Collins has scored in 5 home games just in March and April). 

Poor stats. 

If we go up, neither him or Vic are good enough. 

Collins is looking the real deal though. 

Thought we weren't to bad yesterday, yes it was against a poor vale side but just thought we looked to be no risk tackles and possibly no over exertion.

Loving Collins and the fact we now have a player who wants the ball and then 'puts his laces through it'.   

Toal has slipped into the Santos walking football mode and yeah fine when we are a couple of goals up but not at 0-0,  up yer game young lad.

Also praise for nam ploy yesterday, me first visit and was impressed, packed in and out before the game and no waits for a beer.

I'd be concerned about Charles if he wasn't getting any chances, but even in his lean goalscoring spell, with his striker's instinct & movement, he's still getting chances & it's only a matter of time before they start going in again.

27 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Poor stats. 

If we go up, neither him or Vic are good enough. 

Collins is looking the real deal though. 

We're not shifting 4 forwards in one transfer window though

Just now, jmjhb said:

We're not shifting 4 forwards in one transfer window though

you would expect two to be not renewed (JDB & CJ) so selling one or two (assuming a. you can find buyers & b. you can get better replacements) isn't out of the question.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

you would expect two to be not renewed (JDB & CJ) so selling one or two (assuming a. you can find buyers & b. you can get better replacements) isn't out of the question.

Collins, Victor, Big Dan, Charles and Gomes next year for our strike force, 

Collins, Big Dan and Gomes aren't going anywhere. So if an offer for Victor or Charles comes in, they'll go. 

7 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Collins, Victor, Big Dan, Charles and Gomes next year for our strike force, 

Collins, Big Dan and Gomes aren't going anywhere. So if an offer for Victor or Charles comes in, they'll go. 

I don't see offers for Dan coming in anytime soon, so yes, I guess he'll be around.

Bodvarsson is the only forward who'll be leaving in the summer unless we get a mad offer for someone.

Charles, Vic, Collins & CMG will get their chance whichever division we're in, possibly with another Dan-type gamble.

If we stay down, Jerome could probably continue as a fairly cheap , bit part player.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Certainly not saying move Charles on but I do wonder if he’s physical enough for the championship if we was to get promoted, you look about and teams have absolute beasts at the back 

I wouldn't fancy him up top in the Championship, 

Must be some plan in place for Evatt to be given money for Collins.. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

Bodvarsson is the only forward who'll be leaving in the summer unless we get a mad offer for someone.

Charles, Vic, Collins & CMG will get their chance whichever division we're in, possibly with another Dan-type gamble.

If we stay down, Jerome could probably continue as a fairly cheap , bit part player.

see him being integrated as coach/player.. pay him as a coach and register him to play, Best of both worlds

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I must say Maghoma has been very good these last few weeks his bang average performances over mid winter a thing of the past… well done young man. 👏👏👏

Indeed, with Collins we have two real match winners. Could make all the difference over the next few weeks .

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Although not much, there will be a higher prize money for third place, which can do no harm.

I had £100 each way on the title at 7/1 with Sky Bet

I'm not sure, and can't seem to find out easily, whether they pay out on 3rd or 4th place, or both, or neither

so hope we finish 3rd and that counts towards each way

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

I'm not sure, and can't seem to find out easily, whether they pay out on 3rd or 4th place, or both, or neither

Should be able to find out by looking at bet details. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Indeed, with Collins we have two real match winners. Could make all the difference over the next few weeks .

Deffo, think back to Barnsley in play offs last season. We only had Bradley capable of unlocking them. They soon figured him out and nullified them.

An on form Paris and Collins can pick anyone apart. 

....Need to pray Dion finds some form pretty sharpish.

42 minutes ago, Zico said:

Depends how early you went, I think. I’ve got a few with 365 that are based on us being top three

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Deffo, think back to Barnsley in play offs last season. We only had Bradley capable of unlocking them. They soon figured him out and nullified them.

An on form Paris and Collins can pick anyone apart. 

....Need to pray Dion finds some form pretty sharpish.

Don't forget Sheehan dictating play from midfield as well