Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rip - Ian Greaves

Totty

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my mates was telling me a story where we was getting beat 2-0 at home and we were aweful, he went under the Manny Road and who was in the queue getting a pie but Ian Greaves. My mate said "Shouldnt you be in the changing rooms giving that lot a right good bollocking and Ian Greaves said "I dont have to, they know how bad they are playing and are bollocking each other"

RIP Ian !

• Moderators
Midweek games in the Greaves era were something special. I think it was a night game against Crystal Palace when we knew (almost for sure) we were finally going up, the noise from the crowd was quadrophonic, and our opponents clapped us off the pitch at the end!

the two against york and carlisle certainly were

just about cost us promotion in consecutive seasons

happy daze

Is there a caption with the third picture? The chap on the right looks like Francis Walkden one time newsagent from Harwood/Bradshaw.

Good spot that Micky. That is most certainly Grandad Walkden.

Like a lot on here, I started watching the Whites under Ian Greaves. We all show our age!

RIP

Good spot that Micky. That is most certainly Grandad Walkden.

Like a lot on here, I started watching the Whites under Ian Greaves. We all show our age!

RIP

How many of Greavsies team would get in the current team ????

Here goes :

Definites : Paul Jones/Franky Worthy/Peter Reid

Maybes: Whatmore/Roy Greaves/Tony Dunne (even at the end of his carear)/Seamus ??/Walsh.

Nots: Nicho/Ray Train/Emu/Allardyce

Just an opinion folks .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.