Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

On 29/09/2023 at 09:15, superjohnmcginlay said:

That's a great memory for me, I'd recently passed my driving test and it was a thrill to be able to drive to Derby, 5 of us crammed in my Chevette.  I remember those first 2 quality goals clear as day, Hartford was a class act for us. There was a load of ticker tape thrown up by about 1k BW fans with "Wembley 86" printed on it.  That sounded bizarre in those days but even though we were still a few games away from the final it proved a great prediction and gave us something tangible to fight for that season.  Oh, and what a kit!  PS That video looks speeded up, no way did Hartford move that fast!  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

This is one of the bbc2 early evening news shows

They showed goal highlights from a london game at about 7pm on a saturday

It wouldnt be used anywhere else

We need the similar qpr v bolton clip where worthy scored what he claims as his best ever goal

The 7 1 on the plastic was also shown so dont go finding that one

Not sure if this has been posted from our first season in the Prem.

A couple of years before my time, but I came across a match report a few weeks back, and found it fascinating that Simon Coleman got injured after 20 minutes, and we decided to play with ten men instead of bringing on one of the three subs (Thommo, Blakey & De Freitas).

I get that there wasn’t a defensive replacement available, but surely it’s better to play with XI regardless? Was a big deal made of this at the time? 

Edit: I got this wrong; he was missing for 18 minutes but came back on. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Not sure if this has been posted from our first season in the Prem.

A couple of years before my time, but I came across a match report a few weeks back, and found it fascinating that Simon Coleman got injured after 20 minutes, and we decided to play with ten men instead of bringing on one of the three subs (Thommo, Blakey & De Freitas).

I get that there wasn’t a defensive replacement available, but surely it’s better to play with XI regardless? Was a big deal made of this at the time? 

I don't recall that happening at all, mental 

Todd out