Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest 3 Bolton 0

M G WHITES

Not depressive, just a realist!

Shit and we aint going up...any of you want £100 on it?

I've never thought we were in anger of going straight up, there are far, far better teams in the division than us who will be challenging for the top 2 places. I thought, and still do that we would be looking at getting 5th or 6th and then taking our chances in the play offs. We will need to get a move on in the coming weeks though.

If we lose next week to QPR, and I certainly don't expect to get much more than a point, I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like

• Site Supporter

Rome wasn't built in a day, and it certainly wasn't built on a budget of fourpence.

lets all calm the fuck down and be realistic. DF needs longer than a year to get the team challenging.

we do have some of the worst (and scruffiest) fans in England.

Old Trafford is a mere 15 minute drive away for the morbidly impatient.

Aren't you usually saying most of the players are shit? - if so, why would you expect "that squad" to do anything other than lose?

Most of that squad have premiership experience and one or two international, no way should they lose 3-0, not fuckin having it. Pissed off, said I'd give freedman 8 games in and see, was reasonably happy with the two draws but that yesterday has proven what shit we are now and I can't see anything to improve matters hope I'm wrong but doubt it

Most of that squad have premiership experience and one or two international, no way should they lose 3-0, not fuckin having it. Pissed off, said I'd give freedman 8 games in and see, was reasonably happy with the two draws but that yesterday has proven what shit we are now and I can't see anything to improve matters hope I'm wrong but doubt it

I'll give Freedman 8 games but want him out after 3. your posts are as bad as the teams current performances.

We played Forest at Forest on the 16th of Feb, Billy Davies had just taken over & both teams were just starting a run of results that would see them narrowly miss out on the play offs, having turned their seasons round. 2 new managers getting to grips with their inherited squads.

Fast forward 6 months & expectations were that, although it would be a tough match, a draw would be acceptable, a narrow loss not unexpected & a hope we might sneak something if Forest had an off day.

The performance yesterday was totally unacceptable, I don't mind losing, it happens, but that was very poor by anybody's standard. The same problems, when Dougie arrived, persistently continue to haunt us. Our defensive frailties haven't been addressed & giving Knight the captaincy may have weakened it further. The failure to not have your starting centre back pairing working together throughout the pre-seasons will surely have most baffled & current evidence would suggest this was a huge mistake.

The more I look at DF's formation selection the more I'm resigned to the fact that it's a 4231/451 away from home without fail, with the emphasis on counterattacking football, the more I see it, the more I feel we don't have the personnel to do this. I remember when DF came to the Reebok with Palace, he did the same, defended deep, drew the home team forward & hit us with pace on the break.

I'm not hitting the panic button & I certainly don't condone the cretins who are already calling for his head, all I'll say is, I know which of the 2 managers yesterday has got to grips with his inherited squad the quickest.

Oh, & agree with quite a few now, CYL brings nothing to the table at the moment, time to look at other options there

Most of that squad have premiership experience

I agree a lot of them do have Premiership experience.......but that doesn't mean they are Premiership quality. Whilst PL experienced players like Knight, Wheater and CYL, who are all absolute dogshit are in that team we have little or no chance of challenging.

I'm hoping and praying we get some more players in before the transfer window closes. I'm not sure if we can bring in until we shift out though, and that might be our major problem, especially if we are tied by these FFP rules

Alot are having a go a Lee. But I thought the tactics let down Lee and Hall. They were playing inside where it was too tight. We needed to stretch Forest as use width. The tactics looked wrong from the start. Obviously it doesn't help when captin shite fucks up in first minute. We were set up not too concede. This is impossible with Knight in our back four. For me winger's should play on the wing especially if you're playing five in the middle. What's disappointing is Forest won 3 nil without getting out of second gear and they looked pretty average. We seriously lack creativity without Ngog. But hes another scape goat with our support. Him and Lee have quality imo. Ngogs our best striker and hes not started yet! If he was injured then fair play, but I suspect hes going.

Defence was our main issue last season and it will be this. Any partnership with Knight = a weak defence, yes Wheater is slow etc, but he hasn't played much for a year so he may get better, Knight certainly won't. But who do we have to substitute them? This is our main issue

We played Forest at Forest on the 16th of Feb, Billy Davies had just taken over & both teams were just starting a run of results that would see them narrowly miss out on the play offs, having turned their seasons round. 2 new managers getting to grips with their inherited squads.

Fast forward 6 months & expectations were that, although it would be a tough match, a draw would be acceptable, a narrow loss not unexpected & a hope we might sneak something if Forest had an off day.

The performance yesterday was totally unacceptable, I don't mind losing, it happens, but that was very poor by anybody's standard. The same problems, when Dougie arrived, persistently continue to haunt us. Our defensive frailties haven't been addressed & giving Knight the captaincy may have weakened it further. The failure to not have your starting centre back pairing working together throughout the pre-seasons will surely have most baffled & current evidence would suggest this was a huge mistake.

The more I look at DF's formation selection the more I'm resigned to the fact that it's a 4231/451 away from home without fail, with the emphasis on counterattacking football, the more I see it, the more I feel we don't have the personnel to do this. I remember when DF came to the Reebok with Palace, he did the same, defended deep, drew the home team forward & hit us with pace on the break.

I'm not hitting the panic button & I certainly don't condone the cretins who are already calling for his head, all I'll say is, I know which of the 2 managers yesterday has got to grips with his inherited squad the quickest.

Oh, & agree with quite a few now, CYL brings nothing to the table at the moment, time to look at other options there

Good post, if DF prefers 1 up top, why did he buy Beckford? who clearly is not going to play in a 1 up top. I feel sorry for Wheater thrown back in alongside Knight who's not good enough, think we should put Baptiste as centre half until Wheater gets fully upto speed, also Freedman has alienated Mills, Mears and Ream who he's publicly touted round, surely Mills could do a job at the moment he's done it before at this level as has Mears, it's also clear we need to get some creativity back into the team, but that's not Dougies fault with Davies, Holden and Eagles all out, hopefully the Brazilian can step up his fitness levels, would drop LCY give him a kick up the backside and get eagles and hall out wide, Moritz in behind NGog, Bsptiste into centre half alongside Knight until Wheater gets upto speed, and bring Mears back in at right back, play a 4-4-1-1 that suits our squad and stick with it come hell or high water until the players get used to it. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Not depressive, just a realist!

Shit and we aint going up...any of you want £100 on it?

I'll have £100 that we finish top 6

Fancy that?

And Mounts seriously mate, how does playing shit get Chungy a move? I agree with selling him; I've been a critic for a long time, but I'm not having it that anyone isn't putting 100% in, we just aren't balanced yet

Dougie will sort it though

Oh and Wheater's miles worse than Knight....Knoght will be reet with someone solid next to him as proven by the run with him and Dawson....Wheater has been shocking on every game!

• Site Supporter

The more I look at DF's formation selection the more I'm resigned to the fact that it's a 4231/451 away from home without fail, with the emphasis on counterattacking football, the more I see it, the more I feel we don't have the personnel to do this. I remember when DF came to the Reebok with Palace, he did the same, defended deep, drew the home team forward & hit us with pace on the break.

Good post.

I feel sorry for DF at the mo, he'll have to be a champion turd polisher to get anything out of the current squad

I'll have £100 that we finish top 6

Fancy that?

And Mounts seriously mate, how does playing shit get Chungy a move? I agree with selling him; I've been a critic for a long time, but I'm not having it that anyone isn't putting 100% in, we just aren't balanced yet

Dougie will sort it though

Oh and Wheater's miles worse than Knight....Knoght will be reet with someone solid next to him as proven by the run with him and Dawson....Wheater has been shocking on every game!

Clubs know Chungy is a very good player regardless of how he's playing for us, these people are not fools, as his transfer value drops he becomes a desirable option for a premier league club and he gets to negotiate a better salary, I might be barking up the wrong tree but his advisors/agents been hawking him around and it's easier to sell the cheaper he is.

I agree we should be close to a top 6 finish, the early fixtures not been kind, look at Burnleys fixtures much kinder.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Good post, if DF prefers 1 up top, why did he buy Beckford? who clearly is not going to play in a 1 up top. I feel sorry for Wheater thrown back in alongside Knight who's not good enough, think we should put Baptiste as centre half until Wheater gets fully upto speed, also Freedman has alienated Mills, Mears and Ream who he's publicly touted round, surely Mills could do a job at the moment he's done it before at this level as has Mears, it's also clear we need to get some creativity back into the team, but that's not Dougies fault with Davies, Holden and Eagles all out, hopefully the Brazilian can step up his fitness levels, would drop LCY give him a kick up the backside and get eagles and hall out wide, Moritz in behind NGog, Bsptiste into centre half alongside Knight until Wheater gets upto speed, and bring Mears back in at right back, play a 4-4-1-1 that suits our squad and stick with it come hell or high water until the players get used to it.

Same as what Ive been saying - and with Moritz too but will wait till he's match fit - if we're still going to be playing that long high ball out to the wings for the likes of Hall and Lee to try and win a header from, then why sign players who like the ball on the deck

Thing is with Beckford I hear a lot of people on his back already, against Reading last week in in particular yesterday, but what are they expecting from him? Hes not a target man. People were giving him stick about virtually everything yesterday - what are they expecting, a cross between Anelka and a mid-2000's Kevin Davies?!

Still have a lot of faith in Freedman, he's a learning manager and we're lucky to have someone like him rather than someone who wants to come in and blow millions to try and get us promoted and leave us fucked in a decade's time or less. But it means as he learns, we'll likely suffer a fair few disappointments along the way.

Learn that taking off Craig Davies yet still trying to aim for a target man isn't going to work and learn that two smaller lads aren't going to win headers out wide especially if you keep trying it over and over again!