Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Forgotten Shite Games You Went.

leigh white

Huddersfield away in the Sherpa cup or something and we got beat 3-0...

I think we played them the week before or after and drew 1-1 so why we went to the midweek in a poxy comp I never know!! Although I used to live my dad coming home from work and randomly taking me to the match unexpectedly

93 that.

Kin ell...I don't think I've thought about that 3-0 one since that day! Haha

I went to both with my dad,pretty sure the cup game was before the league game.

God it was easy in them days,like you mate,my old man would just tip up from work and say comon son were are off to Huddersfield or summet.

Not so easy now.

Not a working mans game anymore.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlton twice in the space of 10 days in 06/07 i think.

First was in the league, we'd just signed Anelka. Got lost on the way there and only saw the second half - SKD got sent off and we got beat. Went down again for a league cup the week after - Got stuck in traffic and only saw the second half. We got beat.

Weren't they Dowies only 2 wins at Charlton as well?

93 that.

Kin ell...I don't think I've thought about that 3-0 one since that day! Haha

I went to both with my dad,pretty sure the cup game was before the league game.

God it was easy in them days,like you mate,my old man would just tip up from work and say comon son were are off to Huddersfield or summet.

Not so easy now.

Not a working mans game anymore.

That sums up my secondary school life

Wouldn't have swapped it for anything

• Members

Lowest point of my Wanderers supporting life, Aldershot playoffs, gutted for weeks, Phil Neals super white army!!!!

Strangely, even though that wasn't my first game, it was the day I knew Bolton were the club I'd be stuck with for the rest of my life.

Charlton twice in the space of 10 days in 06/07 i think.

First was in the league, we'd just signed Anelka. Got lost on the way there and only saw the second half - SKD got sent off and we got beat. Went down again for a league cup the week after - Got stuck in traffic and only saw the second half. We got beat.

Remember being gutted that we finally lost at the Valley. Used to win there every season.

One I remember from I would think the 80s was Sheffield united away I think Peter Barnes made his debut he was Shiite and we got hammered 4 or 5-0.

I think i was at that one. It was 5-0. Didn't Simon Farnworth save a penalty as well? That game was just after we'd beaten the leaders Oxford at home.

I think i was at that one. It was 5-0. Didn't Simon Farnworth save a penalty as well? That game was just after we'd beaten the leaders Oxford at home.

Didn't Phil Neal bring himself on when we were 3-0 down and one of the players threw a shirt at him when they were brought off?

Or did I just make both those things up?

Didn't Phil Neal bring himself on when we were 3-0 down and one of the players threw a shirt at him when they were brought off?

Or did I just make both those things up?

I think it was Peter Barnes who threw the shirt but i might be wrong.

I love the Bath City 1964 I bet there aren't many who were present at that game and its same year as my birthday.

Club coach from Burnden, probably about 6am. No motorways to speak of. Very foggy on the last bit over the hills, so got a bit worried. Should have worried about the game - Lee rescuing a draw with a mis-hit penalty that rolled in off a post. No idea what time I got home.

Still, we won the replay 3-0 (maybe 0-0 at half-time ?).

Course I was very very young ...............  :glare:

Club coach from Burnden, probably about 6am. No motorways to speak of. Very foggy on the last bit over the hills, so got a bit worried. Should have worried about the game - Lee rescuing a draw with a mis-hit penalty that rolled in off a post. No idea what time I got home.

Still, we won the replay 3-0 (maybe 0-0 at half-time ?).

Course I was very very young ............... :glare:

How many whites travelled down?

Notts county away mid week in the 80's .

Spent all day getting there .

Arrived as they kicked off.

3-0 nil down before we got in.

Cannot remember final score.

Fuck me I was about to type those exact words...went to the turnstile guy says "wouldn't bother pal your 3nil down " I says "aye alreet "gets in we are 3 down.....fuckin great trip