Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Town Centre... Wtf ?

YTARMY

I work in Town and its embarrassing when I have suppliers in for meetings, especially the Ones from Overseas who have not been before.

Pretty sure we will be moving away to purpose built office over Middlebrook way in the next 2 years

If they had developed burnsen we wouldnt have this problem.

How many of these stories begin with;

''I've not been into town for X years - what a shithole.''

Well, perhaps if more folk had ventured into town it wouldn't be such a shithole.

I also fail to see what the 'ethnics' have to do with it - if it wasn't for them we'd probably cease to have a market an' all.

I'm past caring, high street retail is a dead dog, I expect it'll get much worse before it gets better, and I expect there'll be a shitload of money in store for the absentee landlords, developers, councillors and other sundry cunts who've let it go to seed if/when there's a regeneration...

What about this development of the market hall, gonna be good or bad?

It can't get any worse, it's practically deserted every time I pass through, if Debenhams ever decided to pull out, that'd be it, kaput.

The kidz still seem to hang around in town, provided the Cinema isn't too dear, perhaps the yoof coin will provide a bit of a lift...

The Council surely have powers to do sommat when weed farmers set up shop and the buildings are going to rack and ruin, they don't mess around with residential property owners' empty properties.