Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Nottingham Forest 2

L/H White

Agree with all that. Much improved yesterday, still far from the complete performance but a lot better than the 1st 2 matches.

We actually looked like we had a plan and some shape yesterday. I thought the diamond midfield helped us going forward with Danns closer to the front 2 and I think it was used to try and stifle Reid if he was going to play behind their strikers.

The defence looked ok, still don't like ream there but needs must. If we can play Mcnaughton mills Wheater for a number of matches without changing then I'm convinced they are more than good enough.

I thought Medo was terrible like most others it seems, I can see why he played because he's got the energy to play centrally but also get out to the wings to cover when they have the ball, he's just fucking poor though. I'd prefer Pratley in that role as the right of the diamond although in the perfect scenario we'd have m. Davies there.

Chungy much better though I thought feeney could have come on for him with 20 to go, he wasn't offering much cover to ream by that point and feeneys pace would have scared forests shite back 4.

Mason was very good, he makes some intelligent runs and is always playing on the shoulder, he doesn't always get found but if he plays as part of a front 2 for the season then he could easily get 15+.

Man of the match for me was Craig Davies, he makes it so difficult for the defence, they didn't know what to do with him. Even if he doesn't win the long ball then he makes sure they won't either, he's actually a lot better with his feet than I thought as well. If he could finish then he would be perfect for this league, I'd still like to see us get someone else to partner mason but Davies has proved he's a good option.

Bring in a couple more players and keep a settled team and system and we might actually get somewhere, I still don't trust dougie to do that though and expect a different team/formation on Tuesday.

The last paragraph for me is most important get a system that suits and a consistent personnel and stick to it as long as you can, that's what Burnley did and it paid dividends start being too smart and chopping changing everything and we will struggle to get consistency in our results.

But they brought 2.5k. We're going to be going under 14k I think this season, which we haven't in the previous 2. I'm not blaming folk. The entertainment levels on offer under DF have been pitiful. I know for many it's in the blood and entertainment is secondary, but to attract floating fans you've surely got to give them something worth watching. Yes there were goals yesterday, but that second half was dire.

Thought Pratley did well when he came on. We had barely touched the ball in the first twenty minutes of the second half - both subs helped us get more of a foothold in midfield but left us a bit lacking going forward.

Only other way we could have shored up midfield was take off a striker and the manager would have been crucified for that.

On the Craig Davies chance Pratley does everything right, holds on to the ball till support arrives, chooses the right ball for McNaughton and carries on his run into the box. When Davies is on the deck head in hands it's Pratley who's there helping him up.

Feeling much more positive than after the first two games - we wont have to face the likes of Andy Reid and £5m centre forwards every week.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

• Moderators

Thought Pratley did well when he came on. We had barely touched the ball in the first twenty minutes of the second half - both subs helped us get more of a foothold in midfield but left us a bit lacking going forward.

Only other way we could have shored up midfield was take off a striker and the manager would have been crucified for that.

On the Craig Davies chance Pratley does everything right, holds on to the ball till support arrives, chooses the right ball for McNaughton and carries on his run into the box. When Davies is on the deck head in hands it's Pratley who's there helping him up.

Feeling much more positive than after the first two games - we wont have to face the likes of Andy Reid and £5m centre forwards every week.

pratley seems a good pro

it was never more obvious that the knightgate game v boro last season

2 down, booing all around and he grabbed the ball and looked to drag us back into it

folk who boo him are cnuts

but at least he seems the sort that can handle em

I think Pratley's under-rated by the majority of Bolton fans.

If (and unfortunately, it's a big if) he was allowed to play the same role as he had at Swansea, we'd see that he has far more talent that he seems to be being given credit for.

He's a worker, too and I like that.

I think Pratley's under-rated by the majority of Bolton fans.

If (and unfortunately, it's a big if) he was allowed to play the same role as he had at Swansea, we'd see that he has far more talent that he seems to be being given credit for.

He's a worker, too and I like that.

He seems similar to Nolan in that he's not as effective as a pure central midfielder rather than a off the striker role.

Agree with most comments about the game but for me I prefer Trotter to Pratley I think given a few games this lad will be a good player for us.Ream is not a left back prefer him in midfield but did think Wheater and Mills had decent games.

Bolton fans fuck me right off, every season they need some poor fucker to have a go at and this season it seems to be Pratley and we're only two league games in, get a fucking grip the lot of you

To be fair I don't mind people saying on here about players they feel are underperforming or not good enough but when they start booing them at the match its time to fuck off.

Pratley isn't playing well but people need to realise he is being shoved in the team all over the place and is being asked to do a job each time which isn't really his natural one.

To be fair I don't mind people saying on here about players they feel are underperforming or not good enough but when they start booing them at the match its time to fuck off.

Pratley isn't playing well but people need to realise he is being shoved in the team all over the place and is being asked to do a job each time which isn't really his natural one.

Agree it's what these forums are for, a bit of a moan and groan (or a lot in some folks cases) on a Monday morning but to constantly get on a players back from the start of every fucking season really pisses me right off, i can't be arsed with cunts like that.

Agree it's what these forums are for, a bit of a moan and groan (or a lot in some folks cases) on a Monday morning but to constantly get on a players back from the start of every fucking season really pisses me right off, i can't be arsed with cunts like that.

Well said.