Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dougie Freedman Sacked

burnden

• Site Supporter

Sammy Lee's departure has done more damage than Coyle and freedman put together.

Ā 

If we can get him back on the staff we'll be ok

Agreed. There's far more to our current situation than "Freedman is shit". Edited by Cheese

Sammy Lee's departure has done more damage than Coyle and freedman put together.

If we can get him back on the staff we'll be ok

Pretty sure he wasn't forced out. He got a better offer and like most of us, took it.

Ā 

Not coming back.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Ā 

Repairing the massive damage that Coyle did to us was always ( & maybe still is ) going to take a lot of time that you're unlikely to get nowadays.

Ā 

Seems to me that DF did all the dirty work for us - saved us from relegation first season..

Ā -cleared out Coyle's deadwood shite & replaced them at a fraction of the cost whilst retaining our championship place..

Ā -made v large financial savings & balanced the books to comply with FFP

-recruited more promising young players & started to blood young players into the first team squad.

Ā 

Good luck to him.

Disappointed but not surprised.

Ā 

Repairing the massive damage that Coyle did to us was always ( & maybe still is ) going to take a lot of time that you're unlikely to get nowadays.

Ā 

Seems to me that DF did all the dirty work for us - saved us from relegation first season..

Ā -cleared out Coyle's deadwood shite & replaced them at a fraction of the cost whilst retaining our championship place..

Ā -made v large financial savings & balanced the books to comply with FFP

-recruited more promising young players & started to blood young players into the first team squad.

Ā 

Good luck to him.

Ā 

Agreed.

Ā 

Job done, couldn't take us any further, leaving by mutual consent probably the best option for all parties.

• Moderators

Its been a day of surprises.. I'd never even heard of lee turner and assumed we'd let hughes go.. they could be brilliant though I've no idea

Ā 

Ā 

from snippets ive heard, i suspect a couple of factions have developed

Ā 

a palace one and a bolton one

Ā 

maybe hughes and turner are seen as being somewhere in the middle?

Ā 

if the 'bolton faction' hasn't been pulling for freedman, id like to see them down the road as well

Agreed.

Ā 

Job done, couldn't take us any further, leaving by mutual consent probably the best option for all parties.

Job done??

Ā 

If the job was done he wouldn't be going anywhere. The fact is we are the worst team in a shit league under him and he lost the plot. Job definately not done. Let's hope someone can come in and sort out his mess in time to save us from the third tier.

WIll get the full story tomorrow but was told Gartside, Spearing etc and Fullerton in a meeting. Fullerton announced as stand in which wasn't well received. Fullerton asked to speak to Gartside alone out of the meeting.

Ā 

Not sure if both went back into the meeting but certainly Gartside went back in, it was then decided Fullerton would no longer be in charge.

Ā 

Basically sounds like Spearing etc have said fucks chance. Whilst I'd like to think they have a say I'm surprised to hear they have been listened to.