Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Just think if we'd had VAR when JDB scored that 95th minute scrambled winner v Burton, or the late goals at Fleetwood, Morecambe, Crewe etc.  For one they would probably have found someone's toenail offside 3 passes before the goals, and if not, the very least it does is rob fans of THAT moment when they celebrate en masse.  Just wait 3 minutes while we look for a reason to disallow it, the committee will have a discussion and we'll get back to you in the fullness of time. 

12 hours ago, matty2094 said:

If hypothetically we beat Accy the week after next, would we have VAR at Wembley? And would it be our first game with it?

unsure

i noticed united & newcastle have been given 800 standing tickets each for the league cup final to trial

maybe something to keep an eye on should we get there

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

unsure

i noticed united & newcastle have been given 800 standing tickets each for the league cup final to trial

I imagine it’ll just be the seated area but without the seats so I’m not sure how it’ll be any different than any away game I’ve attended over the last few seasons.

Have stewards been advised that providing everyone stands then it’s acceptable and if you want to sit, get near the front?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, L/H White said:

unsure

bet more than 800 end up in there

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I imagine it’ll just be the seated area but without the seats so I’m not sure how it’ll be any different than any away game I’ve attended over the last few seasons.

Have stewards been advised that providing everyone stands then it’s acceptable and if you want to sit, get near the front?

It would be safe standing rail seating surely?

Like they have at wolves, City etc?

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Mind you the Telegraph report about this "internal memo" they've seen talking about strikes every Saturday from February 18th can't be right as they haven't taken into account the 14 days notice thing, it'd be 4th March the first one, Morecambe away.

When the trains are fucked anyway