Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't mean to come across as sounding like Rog the Red, but this doesn't feel like an achievement in quite the same way as a club without a petrostate bankrolling it would

I know their supporters won't care

Club that should win everything, does win everything. Meh.

Right that's the end of that, football can go away for a couple of weeks now.

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Club that should win everything, does win everything. Meh.

Right that's the end of that, football can go away for a couple of weeks now.

What next after a treble, they'll be in Super cup, Club world cup, Prem, League cup, F.A Cup, Champions League (and Community shield) which they'll be fave for all. 

England play next Friday and Monday

Just now, Didledee said:

What next after a treble, they'll be in Super cup, Club world cup, Prem, League cup, F.A Cup, Champions League (and Community shield) which they'll be fave for all. 

Oh yay, to both.

Seen enough football for one season me.

6 minutes ago, Didledee said:

Might watch if Harry’s playing, could do with a laugh. 

In much the same vein as when Liverpool won the league, I’m just glad it’s out of the way.

Been a sense of inevitability about it which dilutes it a bit I reckon. Not a patch on the achievement of Radcliffe’s lot in 1999 (what a shit week that was, by the way).

Don’t understand the love-in that seems to be going on in some channels though. A successful Manchester City is not good news for BWFC, just as it isn’t whenever the other lot get their act together. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In much the same vein as when Liverpool won the league, I’m just glad it’s out of the way.

Been a sense of inevitability about it which dilutes it a bit I reckon. Not a patch on the achievement of Radcliffe’s lot in 1999 (what a shit week that was, by the way).

Don’t understand the love-in that seems to be going on in some channels though. A successful Manchester City is not good news for BWFC, just as it isn’t whenever the other lot get their act together. 

That’s how I see it and would have preferred Milan to have won

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s exactly the same achievement 

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Been a sense of inevitability about it which dilutes it a bit I reckon. Not a patch on the achievement of Radcliffe’s lot in 1999

So much re writing of history here its untrue.

Pep is like no other.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Screenshot_20230610-224139_WhatsApp.jpg

An interesting read, but genuine question, how does anyone know?  So many transfer fees aren't reported.

And surely salaries have to be taken into account, otherwise someone could sign Kane next summer and the cost is "nil", but it would be far from that.