Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, batton carrier said:

Wigan fans will be writing to Lisa Nandy complaining it isn't enough

15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

My thoughts when I read it. They won't be happy. 

We’ll take a look, shall we? Today, we’re looking through the….

*arched window.

note: I quite like the last one where some dick makes something up which may have only happened in his head then calls the ex-owner out for his naivety.

added: just noticed, he makes something up and then asked if there was a source for the bullshit he’s just made up!

Says its all really, the EFL should have to explain why they jumped on us so quickly vs letting Reading have from 31st October, 30th November and then 28th April 2023 before any action was taken. ( 11 months from first one, 4 months from the last one, the charge was brought in June, put in place august)

I believe we had:

- 3 points suspended (June, July, October 2022 [Wages a few days late]) sanctioned Jan 2023 which looks like the month they charged us ( 6 months from the first one, 3 months after the last one)
- 3 point deduction last season (March 2023 late wages - invoked suspended points)
- 4 point deduction this season (missed march 2023 + not having 125% funds)
- 4 point deduction this season (missed may 2023 + not having 125% funds)

Did they not get deducted points last season, which essentially relegated them?

We missed a lot more wages than 3 by the way.

We got -3 for 3 late payments, so Reading getting -1 is astonishing. We also got -4 for not putting in 125% during this period. We then got -3 for 2 more late wages, and another -4 for failing to deposit 125% a second time.

Reading have a suspended -3 if they fail to deposit 125% again. So have been let off the first time and will get less points if they don't deposit again.

So if they pay late a couple more times, in total they'll get -4 for the exact same charges we got -14 for. Absolutely disgraceful from the EFL.

If anyone had any doubts that the EFL had an agenda against us, no longer does.

I believe that was due to not sticking to an agreement with the EFL over business plan / sustainability.

We paid 3 late by around 5 days total, the one we got the points deduction I believe was a week, but then messing around happened with full payment etc. and then the shit show of the 5th late payment. @fazman probably has a better understand of what was missed in full.

The EFL make it up as they go, the current Reading ownership are repeat offenders on financial issues that has been going on for years but they get -1, while they gave us -3 for the same issue of repeated late wages. They were banned from paying fees last summer, found guilty of breaking FFP last season and been in and out of embargo twice this past summer due to failure to pay HMRC but after all that are now able to pay fees while we can't. 

Absolutely no consistency and we always seem to get the worst end of the stick.

To be fair our initial punishment was 0 points and 3 suspended.....its only because those Bahraini whoppers did it again we got the 3. Essentially we were 1 point better off than them.

Interesting to note the report on the Reading punishment states the EFL wanted a 4 point deduction and 4 suspended but it was the tribunal that decided on 1 point

Probably someone on the panel is mates with someone involved at Reading. Football is just as corrupt as politics and it’s getting worse. Saudi Arabia are playing 2 friendlies at Newcastle even though ‘the state’ has nothing to do with the ownership group. What a load of bollocks.

I wonder if that's why we got the full force so quickly, reading refused to deal with the EFL and went to a mediation / tribunal. Any source on that?

If true that's another moment of nativity from Tal et al.

* younger readers, ask your mum or other grown up.

Edited by MickyD
Added

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Just chatting to a city fan on my dog walk 

Reckons cheapest ticket he can get for their game v Newcastle on Saturday (on TV at 8pm) is £71 

Fuck that

Nobody tell any Derby fans  

Tbf I believe City’s season tickets are quite reasonable so not too dissimilar an approach to us. Might as well cash in off the tourists (though it’s not as if they need the money)

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Ground not ready yet

Didn’t we play a shit-load of away fixtures whilst they completed the Reebok?

Just looked; aways at Southampton (won), Coventry (drew) and Barnsley (lost) took care of the whole of August before we entertained Everton (w.. wo… fucking drew)