Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

29 minutes ago, tomski said:

Is a good game. Chelsea are odd. They look like they could be alright but have spent a fortune on a load or randoms. Think Palmer will be a good signing 

Can see Palmer being a big player for England, we've had no one to back Kane up, think we may finally have someone. 

• Members
26 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Can see Palmer being a big player for England, we've had no one to back Kane up, think we may finally have someone. 

The latest in an increasing line of very exciting English youngsters

It'll be fascinating to see what Emma Hayes can get out of this group in a couple of years time

32 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Defo. Think I said at the time it felt like good business for both. City get a big fee for a guy that played a few games. Chelsea bag a talent.

Interesting what pep said that he wanted out despite guaranteed game time.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Is a good game. Chelsea are odd. They look like they could be alright but have spent a fortune on a load or randoms. Think Palmer will be a good signing 

Palmer looks quality, and clearly has the temperament judging by his 4 pens out of 4 already.  Impresses me more than Grealish, just think Palmer has more to his game and if I was a City fan I'd wish he'd stayed.  I'll be happy for Palmer to be in the England squad but I expect Southgate will leave it for about 5 years like with Maddison, and the way he uses Foden sparingly. 

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The latest in an increasing line of very exciting English youngsters

It'll be fascinating to see what Emma Hayes can get out of this group in a couple of years time

Stick Gordon on the list to, been impressed everytime I've seen him this season. 

Massive headache for Sir Gareth 

Edited by L/H White

14 hours ago, tomski said:

Defo. Think I said at the time it felt like good business for both. City get a big fee for a guy that played a few games. Chelsea bag a talent.

Interesting what pep said that he wanted out despite guaranteed game time.

A few cup games and sub appearances would have been his limit for couple of years.

Anyway, despite spittys rhetoric the lad and his family are reds.

Very good prospect for England but we’re going to end up with Lampard Gerrard problem with the more complete Bellingham wanting the advanced midfield position where Palmer and Foden will excel.

• Members
16 hours ago, L/H White said:

Palmer isn't a centre forward.  Watkins or Wilson are probably the most natural replacements for Kane if needed.

He's been very impressive though.  One thing we seem very good at producing is attacking midfielders.

Sterling deserves to have been recalled.