Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter

I’ve not watched any of Euro 96 re-runs but my abiding memory is we got as far as we did simply because Shearer & Sheringham were the best pairing in the tournament.

I can’t wait for the day we get a good enough team again at Bolton to go 2 up top every week. This 1 up front is bollocks

Edited by Biggish Dave

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’ve not watched any of Euro 96 re-runs but my abiding memory is we got as far as we did simply because Shearer & Sheringham were the best pairing in the tournament.

I can’t wait for the day we get a good enough team again at Bolton to go 2 up top every week. This 1 up front is bollocks

These things go in cycles. Very few teams play two up top these days, but give it a few years and 4-4-2 will be in vogue again. 

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Immense them two for England, Sheringham boxed clever and boosted his cv going to United he wasted years at spurs 

always loved 4-4-2 I know times have changed but one of the reasons I loved Bruce days 

I've only sat through about half an hour upto going a goal down...my God the general standard of football and pace of the game is terrible, its like a friendly.  Jussi for the first goal, OMG.  Not much social media around then to give him the sort of stick Matthews got for his comparable errors at Gillingham and Wigan.