Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

8 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

But he was the last Real player to touch the ball. He cannot be offside

Benzima ? He can if the ball is played forward and there is only one defender between him and the goal unless it’s played in by a Liverpool player but (deflections don’t count ) it came of the Liverpool players knee . If it was played in by a Real Madrid player it would still be offside because it would be intentional. Hey it’s a shit rule 

Edited by Farnywhite

Just now, Farnywhite said:

Benzima ? He can if the ball is played forward and there is only one defender between him and the goal unless it’s played in by a Liverpool player but deflections don’t count it came of the Liverpool players knee . Hey it’s a shit rule 

Nah surely that is bullshit, can only be offside again if another Real player touches it again. Otherwise he is still onside

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Me neither.

For some reason, I've obviously had it in my head that the keeper is treated differently to an outfield player. Which is weird now that I think about it.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

I don't get the anti English club thing in Europe. I mostly don't ever root for any English team but I would never wish they lose over a foreign club.

Real Madrid are right dodgy cunts. I don't like Liverpool either so as a neutral will be hoping for a good game with the scouse cunts edging it but not really fussed either way

This is Liverpool remember. Not English, but scouse. Their own words. So fuck em. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Defended very well did Madrid. Including the keeper obviously. 

The scousers can leave now, and let the ones with tickets in, so they can see Madrid lift the cup.

I wouldn't say a team who relied on the heroics of Courtois defended well.

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Wouldn’t say awful

Courtios won it for them made outstanding saves 

A good save from Salah at the end, the other one from outside the box was routine.

Madrid defended heroically, won every second ball and header in their box but it was never desperate. Liverpool did so many awful awful crosses and flicks that didn't come off. Had about 7 corners and didn't win one.

Madrid could've had 2 or 3 on the counter attack. And their offside goal arguably should've stood

Liverpool didn't get anywhere near their standards

Edited by Mantra