Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F.a Cup 3Rd Roud Draw

L/H White

Must be a bit of a rivalry there because I must admit they were one of a very small number who I said I'd not be disappointed if we got a home draw.

Nailed on £15, they'll bring 2,000 no problem, let's do our bit and make the cup a bit special, I reckon Lennon is bang up for a cup run.

Blackburn always have been and always will be our biggest rivals to me. I simply don't get the hatred for Wigan, they are a passing irritation

you live over Blackburn way. They're the nearest club to our ground though. Just roll with it & enjoy taking the piss out of them

Oh defo. I again think it stems on what area you come from though. Blackburn over Wigan anyday, though if I looked at it objectively Wigan would be the better rivalry (due to their hatred of us etc)

Don't get me wrong I loved beating them the other day but I feel nothing before hand. I do like Wigan pathetic though????

A rivalry has to be two way IMO.

Wigan are the closest thing we have to a proper one as they hate us and only us.

Blackburn hate Burnley and probably have nothing more than a dislike of us.

The hatred of united is a complete waste of everybody's time,as again they wouldn't care if we vanished of the face of the earth. They've never bothered with us and never will.

I've learned to embrace the Wigan rivalry as they never bothered me...the fact that they turn up and cause mither every time we play em is beginning to get on my tits. Plus they kicked my head in 2003.

Some rivals are just there and have been since day one Rangers/Celtic,mancs,scousers etc,but like mentioned it's a location and age thing to.

Me personally I have no real hatred for one club as passing through the leagues it changes all the time,when I was younger there was something with bury and living where I do they absolutely detest us but we never played each other on a regular basics.

Not rivals but I used like the games with Stoke,west brom and port vale in the early 90s over a Blackburn any day.

• Moderators

See logically I get all that (except the Yoonited bit:) I know I should feel that way I just don't yet. Maybe it will take time. Every Wigan fan I have met has pretty much been a tit as well though!

thing about Utd is, some people think they're our rivals because they have a mate who supports United (but likely never goes) and they have a bit of banter or something - I imagine them Salford overspill lot like Walkden whites have plenty give and take with Utd fans

if you went for majority of fans who go V majority of fans who go, we just ain't on their radar

wigan will do for me

and really hope we smash them again - we're on the up, they're on the down - good chance to do them 3 times in 1 season, nice