Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan 1 Wanderers 1

Ratwhite

• Moderators

All this talk of we can't play a certain way if Clough in the team I don't understand do we have to restrict ourselves to one formation or style? Surely we need a couple of different styles if we're to mount any sort of challenge.

you can dress it up any way you want but clough isnt up to being one of a 4, imo

not in this league, anyway

so, youre left with one other front man and i see that being a big un, not le fondre

why not stick to the here n now?

he seems intent on fcuking about with wing backs

he started heskey ahead of davies - fwiw, a midfielder should have played ahead of both of them

he bought the pole from celtic who looks like a duffer

some of the football at home has been great fun but hes not above being questioned

how about this one

in recent weeks, pratley has done a muscle within minutes of the restart

janko has pulled out in the warm up

similarly le fondre

screams poor prep to me and thats down to the manager

Absolute bollocks

as others have pointed out, Le Fondre May be decent at this level but he won't fit into the way we play, not when Clough, Clayton and Mark Davies are bacK fit (for how long who knows). whatever budget we have we need to use wisely. Same with bannan for me. I like him, but he doesn't affect the game enough. We've enough diminutive midfielders.

• Site Supporter

Very surprised by Lenny's comment on Heskey saying he had a good game. I thought he offered very little. I'd have taken him off at half time, put Davies on with ALF.

Only give minutes into second half a great ball across the box has Heller run like he was going for a bus after just completing a marathon!

I know he's 35 but he was bollocksed yesterday. I expected CDavies on for Heskey to play alongside ALF.

• Site Supporter

Considering we were goosed with a full squad start of season..

We're treading water with about 15/16 senior squad members unable to play..

Nearly a full team of new players who haven't had time to settle..

I reckon we will be fine..

Just testing times..

Still in town.

Bolton till i die

Good man, on the way out of ground was talking to a couple of older lads who were asking for all the results at the bottom of the table and they were loving it that all the scores were all going against Wigan they said they were wigan lads born and bred in Beech Hill but life long Wanderers,makes you proud to be a Wanderer. What was the wigan fans inside track on our invasion I an hoping they weren't happy. Edited by Mounts Kipper

We were down by Blackpool when Lennon got here.

We have had an incredible run of injuries.

The late goals have cost us 8 or 9 points, arguably with the injured players back we would have put these games to bed before the 93rd minute.

If we just get the injured players back and cut out the late goals whilst maintaining our current form from the fit players we will be top half.

Our away form for 3 or 4 seasons now has been awful.

There is a lot for Lennon to do, but there is a sound base to build on.

Happy with a point on that performance BUT, Ream at fault for part of the goal and Mills on walkabout again. Lennon talks about loss of concentration, and can't help but look at the goals we have conceded and these two have been involved in most of them

Edited by Wullie

• Site Supporter

Considering we were goosed with a full squad start of season..

We're treading water with about 15/16 senior squad members unable to play..

Nearly a full team of new players who haven't had time to settle..

I reckon we will be fine..

Just testing times..

He's right, you know.

• Site Supporter

All things considered, it wasn't too bad of a point. Keeps Wigan at arms length as far as we are concerned and 1 win against Blackpool will make us safe.

We are missing Mark Davies and Pratley big time in that midfield as well as a bit of guile from Clough/Clayton. We have the makings of a reasonable team with everyone fit.

A 2 week rest now, give the players time to get ratted in Benidorm or Ibiza then push on and finish the season strongly

Guest Blixa

Your probably right but as a Bolton fan it's seriously frustrating similar situation to jukewitz were fast heading to be a championship makeweight.

Juke will probably be offered for a knockdown price next season. Freedman will be all over it. Lennon perhaps less so.

• Site Supporter

Happy with a point on that performance BUT, Ream at fault for part of the goal and Mills on walkabout again. Lennon talks about loss of concentration, and can't help but look at the goals we have conceded and these two have been involved in most of them

I agree with you there Wullie, Mills was all over the shop for me yesterday, has games where he looks the business then others where he just seems in a daydream. Whilst I have no qualms with Reams efforts I feel we could get a more solid left back on lower wages & wouldn't be too unhappy if someone took him off our hands for a few Bob.

I agree with you there Wullie, Mills was all over the shop for me yesterday, has games where he looks the business then others where he just seems in a daydream. Whilst I have no qualms with Reams efforts I feel we could get a more solid left back on lower wages & wouldn't be too unhappy if someone took him off our hands for a few Bob.

Moxey fits that bill, but NL seems to want wing back types who are more than just defenders.

The two ever present defenders? Surprising that they're on the pitch when we concede.