Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Birmingham are the benchmark on this for me. They were abysmal and have a poorer squad in my eyes but they've been organised effectively and do OK now. Resources are comparable to us, crowd revenue only a little bigger.

No doubt Lennon has a tough hand to play but I'm definitely not worried about clubs coming poaching him

You could spin anything as positive for the club but seriously who are you fooling? ALF is a proven goalscorer and you think it's better we didn't get him? aye alreet, we don't need him or Emnes or Cole or Hooper or Ameoba or Kermogant. it's great move really because they might get injured and we can put the money towards Garty's bonus. Happy Days

Did Gartside steal your toys at play group or something?

The defence isn't our biggest concern

In fact if the 6 players in front of them did a better job then they wouldn't have as much to do and would look more solid

If we could get someone in to make us more dynamic in the final third and give us 20+ goals over a full season then we would be a decent upper mid table side

Big If though

Pray for the warchest

• Site Supporter

The defence isn't our biggest concern

In fact if the 6 players in front of them did a better job then they wouldn't have as much to do and would look more solid

If we could get someone in to make us more dynamic in the final third and give us 20+ goals over a full season then we would be a decent upper mid table side

Big If though

Pray for the warchest

This

The key word was SOLID

I think we've enough players defensively just that we need to find the right combination Derik and Prince together not good enough in the air, Wheater and dervite to slow, I'd go with Prince and Wheater, I'm also not convinced by Moxey despite him doing a lot better, I'd like to see Casado given a chance on the left.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I didn't say we don't need a striker. Though seen as you've brought it up, at the time, we certainly couldn't afford one. I still don't think we need or can afford one but that's not my choice.

I do think the manager & his coaching staff need to pull their fingers out, they've brought players in to supposedly strengthen, though facts are we're no better off 12 months down the line.

Preseason was another wasted pointless exercise, Dobbie & Heskey are looking like pointless wastes of wages.

If you think I'm putting a positive spin on the things, you couldn't be further from the truth, I think the club is a shambles from top to bottom & I blame one person. He should have gone the same summer, with Coyle, after relegation.

Thanks for your presumptuous input though.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Agree with all that (apart from needing a striker) :good:

So we get a striker in. Drop Madine to the bench and put this striker in. Suddenly the ball is coming back at us 10 times quicker than it already is because this new striker can't hold the ball up for toffee. Have we thought this through?

So we get a striker in. Drop Madine to the bench and put this striker in. Suddenly the ball is coming back at us 10 times quicker than it already is because this new striker can't hold the ball up for toffee. Have we thought this through?

Can we not get a partner for Madine to complement him rather than drop him? Madine holds the ball up, lays it off (head or chest usually) and we actually start scoring some goals (last away match not withstanding). After all whatever we are doing, defence, midfield, attack it's not working. Have you seen the League Table? Also Lennon seems to see the need for a new striker so hopefully he has thought it through. Gartside probably agrees with you though.

Wellington Danns Davies feeney

Loan striker Madine

Rum looking midfield that.

Basically the crux of it all is if we got in hooper for example and stuck him upfront on his own we'd seriously have to look at changing our style of play which at the moment revolves around direct long balls up to the striker or getting it wide and getting it crossed it. The fact we've only had 4 decent crosses all season is a different matter.

I think if it was Hooper he's pretty capable of playing as a lone striker as long as he has support running in behind and feeding him. We would need to change a bit but honestly with the players we have now the ball should be on the deck a lot more regardless.