Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Derby

bwfc87

Noticed a few stood up singing all the way through down in the bottom corner of North Stand/ESL. Are they these L block ultras??

They worked a treat IMO. Normally any chants fade into insignificance when started in crazy corner but if that lot are at it too it will get the middle and north stand going.

Fair fucks to em. That's the first time I've sang at the macron for about 2 years.

Noticed a few stood up singing all the way through down in the bottom corner of North Stand/ESL. Are they these L block ultras??

They worked a treat IMO. Normally any chants fade into insignificance when started in crazy corner but if that lot are at it too it will get the middle and north stand going.

Fair fucks to em. That's the first time I've sang at the macron for about 2 years.

Good lad thing when you get involved in a sing song the match day experience gets better as your part of it and you feel like your pushing the team on mind you the players have to show that desire first and foremost, also good to hear Lennon once again praising the fans support said the atmosphere was excellent. Edited by Mounts Kipper

We looked like a team, and for the first time in a long time a team that knew what they were doing and what their jobs were.

We only got opened up a couple of times and that was more due to the fact that Derby have some very good players rather than our incompetence.

I can't really pick out a bad performance, Dervite is too rash and likes too step out of defence for a tackle too much but he kept a clean sheet so I'll let him off. Clough didn't do much but to be fair they had that Thorne marking him the whole match and for me he's one of the best young centre mids in the league, Clough won't come up against him every game.

Of the new lot I was very very impressed with the Prince, I can't believe that he hadn't even trained with us from that performance. Big, strong, wins headers, bit of pace and put his body on the line. The block in the last minute after Trotter fucked about was top class. I hope he let Martin out of his pocket to get the coach home.

Very impressed with Madine, again a presence which we've missed so much, I think he lost 1 header all game when they had put 2 men on him. I was surprised how good his touch was too, I like that he keeps it simple, win the long ball, lay it off and get in that fucking box. If his 1st header goes in its a worldy.

Wilson had a good game, not so sure about him going forward but he was solid at the back, as long as he can defend I don't care how good his crossing is, leave that to the lads ahead of him.

For me the most impressive thing was how a few of them seem like different players from last year. I couldn't pick between Moxey and Spearing for man of the match. I'll hold my hands up to writing Moxey off and told my Derby mate that they will bum is down that side but he was immense, nothing got past him, if he keeps playing like that then I'll drive Ream down to QPR.

Spearing was the spearing that we had on loan, he's clearly bought into what Lennon wants for the season. I'd forgotten how good he can be in this league, if he keeps it up then he's the best centre mid we've got and a real asset.

Pratley was Pratley, selfless running and always covering for anyone out of position, he was gutted to come off with 2 minutes to go as well. A proper captains performance.

A few others have mentioned it but where's the rest of Heskey? He looks trim and if anything turned the game when he came on, not only does he cause havoc he also had a great touch and if he could have finished that run then he's got goal of the season already. I'm more than happy to have him as an option off the bench if he can stay that fit.

Even though it was only a point I was buzzing when I left the game, it just showed that we can and will compete this year. Derby, who are the favourites for the league, we're lucky to be going home with a point and that's without Davies, Vela, Wheater and Clayton in the team. Add another striker and maybe a winger and on that showing I'm confident that we will be worrying about catching the play offs rather than relegation come Feb/March/Apr.

We looked like a team, and for the first time in a long time a team that knew what they were doing and what their jobs were.

We only got opened up a couple of times and that was more due to the fact that Derby have some very good players rather than our incompetence.

I can't really pick out a bad performance, Dervite is too rash and likes too step out of defence for a tackle too much but he kept a clean sheet so I'll let him off. Clough didn't do much but to be fair they had that Thorne marking him the whole match and for me he's one of the best young centre mids in the league, Clough won't come up against him every game.

Of the new lot I was very very impressed with the Prince, I can't believe that he hadn't even trained with us from that performance. Big, strong, wins headers, bit of pace and put his body on the line. The block in the last minute after Trotter fucked about was top class. I hope he let Martin out of his pocket to get the coach home.

Very impressed with Madine, again a presence which we've missed so much, I think he lost 1 header all game when they had put 2 men on him. I was surprised how good his touch was too, I like that he keeps it simple, win the long ball, lay it off and get in that fucking box. If his 1st header goes in its a worldy.

Wilson had a good game, not so sure about him going forward but he was solid at the back, as long as he can defend I don't care how good his crossing is, leave that to the lads ahead of him.

For me the most impressive thing was how a few of them seem like different players from last year. I couldn't pick between Moxey and Spearing for man of the match. I'll hold my hands up to writing Moxey off and told my Derby mate that they will bum is down that side but he was immense, nothing got past him, if he keeps playing like that then I'll drive Ream down to QPR.

Spearing was the spearing that we had on loan, he's clearly bought into what Lennon wants for the season. I'd forgotten how good he can be in this league, if he keeps it up then he's the best centre mid we've got and a real asset.

Pratley was Pratley, selfless running and always covering for anyone out of position, he was gutted to come off with 2 minutes to go as well. A proper captains performance.

A few others have mentioned it but where's the rest of Heskey? He looks trim and if anything turned the game when he came on, not only does he cause havoc he also had a great touch and if he could have finished that run then he's got goal of the season already. I'm more than happy to have him as an option off the bench if he can stay that fit.

Even though it was only a point I was buzzing when I left the game, it just showed that we can and will compete this year. Derby, who are the favourites for the league, we're lucky to be going home with a point and that's without Davies, Vela, Wheater and Clayton in the team. Add another striker and maybe a winger and on that showing I'm confident that we will be worrying about catching the play offs rather than relegation come Feb/March/Apr.

Thanks for the appraisal as I wasn't there and listened on BWFC commentary it corresponds with what I heard. I hope we can put in a Performance that'll be a massive test and we will have played 2 of the best teams in the league and should give us a really good picture of what's in store this season.

I don't boo but I'd have happily given it some for Trotter had they scored when the lazy, unprofessional twat turned on himself and gave them that break

With the huge number of centre mids we've got how he gets game time is baffling.

He's a calamity of a player his head must be up his arse the number of cock ups he makes

• Site Supporter

Great feeling coming away feeling positive. Granted it was only a draw but against a team who are surely spending way above what FFP would normally allow and will probably go up.

Can't fault the effort from everyone including the fans, makes it much better match day experience with a bit of atmosphere. All we can ask for is 100% effort from all players and certainly got that with a bit of quality too.

Keep that level of performance up and the doom merchants will soon be silenced

I had a little pre-match flutter on us going up as champions - more in hope than expectation, but after that performance you'll not find anyone giving you 66/1 again. With the Prince and Derik at the back, with Amos behind them, Pratley and Madine we've already got a strong spine. Throw in Davies, Vela, Clough and Clayton and any doom and gloom will soon be banished. NLSWA.