Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Right - just reporting back from my trip to the town centre with my 18 month old.

Parked up at St Edmund's St Car Park. Bloke in the little hut shifted his car for me so I could squeeze in as they were really busy. Strolled up to the Octagon stopping to take a picture of the little one with the big Jason Kenny picture at the town hall. Booked tickets for me and my Mrs to watch To Kill a Mockingbird in October. Crossed over to the library - swapped some books for the young one who had a rawl about in the children's bit. Quick mooch around the aquarium so he could see the fish. Looked at the room with all the stuffed animals as the top floor is shut for refurbishment. Quick razz through the art gallery. Photo of young lad under the Amir Kahn painting. Through the little tunnel to Newport St. Stopped at that Crawshaws to get some cooked gammon - they only had a few pieces left so the woman put them all in for me and only charged me £2. Carried on through the TC - showed young one the lions and the pigeons and then back to the car. Bloke in the hut charged us £1.50 even though it should have been more - presumably because he was a nice chap.

Not sure what people find so horrifying about it really.

We went to to To Kill A Mockingbird tonight and really enjoyed it.  Pizza Express before, genuinely thought it had shut down for some reason.  Probably reading this thread too much and getting 5 from 2 plus 2.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

We went to to To Kill A Mockingbird tonight and really enjoyed it. Pizza Express before, genuinely thought it had shut down for some reason. Probably reading this thread too much and getting 5 from 2 plus 2.

We're there at the weekend. All I was trying to say is town is what you make it. There's decent things there along with all the shite. But the shite is a part of what makes in Bolton. I quite like some of the shite :-)

I bought the balloon from that cheap card shop on the corner. And I demanded to see their credentials beforehand :-)

Honestly- it's a bit scruffy for a night out but I reckon there's plenty in town to be proud of still. It's a lot better than it was 10 years back - and a lot better than some other towns I've visited.

I walked from Newport Street to Santander bank and was asked by 7 different people for spare change, Bradshawgate is littered with people smoking outside pubs with purple faces because they've been drinking since 7am for the last 30 years, there is a homeless village sprung up in the doorway of BHS facing Lloyds bank, there's about 30 of them all in sleeping bags drinking and smoking and shouting 'have you got any spare change' at everybody who walks past, During the day the town hall square is filled with large groups of Romanians, the blokes stand there smoking and spitting whilst the women go thieving in gangs.  The fasion is tracksuit bottoms and shoes, the majority of people in the square can even seem to speak and just grunt at each other or start every sentence with 'fucking' and screwing their faces up. The rest of people about are genuine simpletons

• Site Supporter

I walked from Newport Street to Santander bank and was asked by 7 different people for spare change, Bradshawgate is littered with people smoking outside pubs with purple faces because they've been drinking since 7am for the last 30 years, there is a homeless village sprung up in the doorway of BHS facing Lloyds bank, there's about 30 of them all in sleeping bags drinking and smoking and shouting 'have you got any spare change' at everybody who walks past, During the day the town hall square is filled with large groups of Romanians, the blokes stand there smoking and spitting whilst the women go thieving in gangs. The fasion is tracksuit bottoms and shoes, the majority of people in the square can even seem to speak and just grunt at each other or start every sentence with 'fucking' and screwing their faces up. The rest of people about are genuine simpletons

This eerily accurate post was brought to you by The Bolton Tourist Board

We're there at the weekend. All I was trying to say is town is what you make it. There's decent things there along with all the shite. But the shite is a part of what makes in Bolton. I quite like some of the shite :-)

Absolutely Kent, it is what it is, just quoted your post as that's how I found out about the play!

There were around seven dossers in the BHS doorway when I popped in to pick up some cash (No1 Currency in Crompton Place - order online pick up within minutes, good rates).

They weren't begging or vocalising their demands, most of them were eating pasties - so they were at least spending their hard begged money, unlike those who flounce in and out holding pomanders to their noses...

Up the dossers.