Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Drink

Didledee

Awful news Dids. Sorry to read of your loss young man.

I absolutely love drinking, but like most things it's about moderation.

Chin up :-)

Absolutely this. I love a drink, particularly wine, but as I approach 52 I've got to start being sensible

RIP to your dad. As said by others don't be afraid of counselling 

Sorry to hear that Dids. Hope you're bearing up ok. In 40 years time we'll no doubt be looking back on alcohol like we to on smoking today.

I can't see this happening.

Folk have been supping since before the wheel.

It's massively part of our culture too.

Cheers for the messages everyone, had to register his death and my sister went to the house( for any belongings) where he died and one of his friends(drinking buddy) was bladdered saying she shouldn't go in the room  and kept saying "here have a drink, go on, go on have one". maybe they should see it has a wake up call I dunno?!

Cheers for the messages everyone, had to register his death and my sister went to the house( for any belongings) where he died and one of his friends(drinking buddy) was bladdered saying she shouldn't go in the room  and kept saying "here have a drink, go on, go on have one". maybe they should see it has a wake up call I dunno?!

They don't think like that Dids. I had a friend of a friend who was told under no uncertain circumstances if he went out and had a drink he would die. Discharged himself, and was last seen in the town centre boozing. he died not long after.

Tragic news Dids, sorry to hear that. My brother would have been 58 in a fortnight, didn't make it to 53 though because of the demon drink. He just didn't have that switch which tells you when enough is enough, and there's lot of it about sadly. Chin up.

If that's Martin then he's not forgotten around here.