Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chairman Speaks

Thorpey

As shifty as our last Chairman? I don't think so and he probably said more in a few minutes that we had in the last few years. He probably was terrified and looking everywhere lets see who the next manager is. If it's a choice that says 'we are going to give it a right good go' or a 'Jeezus we are fucked even more'. Should tell us a lot. 

I don't know why he bothered. Fucking hell, we have far more than our share of miserable cunts follow Bolton.

Look forward folks, come on, the bloke sounds like he wants to talk to us and Deano definitely does.

I reserve the right to laugh at our new chairman's eyes.

Someone of FB pointed out that he looks like the bloke who gets eaten at the end of Anaconda! :-)

• Site Supporter

Looked like a rabbit in the headlights

But to be fair to him, he seemed to answer every question honestly and without any political undertone.

I werent sure about this chap but seems decent enough so far.

My money is still on sunbed. In fact I really can't see it being anyone else.

• Site Supporter

All these criticisms of his appearance and mannerisms, and even how his eyes move for fuck's sake - who gives a flying fucking fuck? He's the chairman of our football club, not a pop star. I don't get it.

All these criticisms of his appearance and mannerisms, and even how his eyes move for fuck's sake - who gives a flying fucking fuck? He's the chairman of our football club, not a pop star. I don't get it.

His eyes remind me of David Blunkett's. Edited by Blondi

Just watched the interview

ED's debt is to be paid in yr2 and is built into the cash flow for then. This raises questions about what revenues hat cash flow model is based upon. The stated goal is promotion for next season. With all that in mind I have a real inkling that if we don't go straight back up then there could be further major pain in a year's time.

Also he states he's promised no redundancies for at least a month; I think those working in back office at the club I'd be prepared for a cull in 5 weeks :o

I liked the promise of a strong board though

Much as we hate it, footy is a business now and we need one to help what we do on the pitch