Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Northampton 0 Wanderers 1

burnden

He's hasn't though has he, was dropped and got back when spearing got injured. As a general rule we've achieved better results when he's not played.

He's played 4 first team games since Oxford, we won 3 and he scored the winning goal in one of them.

I really can't see the hatred directed towards him, especially this season.

He's a solid enough squad player who granted wouldn't get in a first choice 11 with Spearing, Davies, Vela being the probable midfield 3 imo

• Site Supporter

He's played 4 first team games since Oxford, we won 3 and he scored the winning goal in one of them.

I really can't see the hatred directed towards him, especially this season.

He's a solid enough squad player who granted wouldn't get in a first choice 11 with Spearing, Davies, Vela being the probable midfield 3 imo

He played in the cup against a lower league team. A game that we didn't perform overly well in.

He played against Cheltenham.

He started against Peterborough.

Since oxford he's hardly played league games and we've been significantly better.

Why is it hatred because folk think he's shite?

Wish him well- preferably at another club.

Whilst folk slag off Vela, a moderate player with no pretentions, you only have to look at Northampton so recall a really shite player in the Wanderers shirt. Matt Taylor has made a career out of a screamer every 100 games with 99 poor games in between, most with zero effort. Journeyman shithouse always glad to take some mug team's money.

And Just screamers?

He worked his bollocks off down the left and we missed him when he left

Sometimes the mind boggles

He was one of their better players yesterday and provided some good deliveries to which their front men did not take advantage of

His time with us was hit and miss and mostly miss IMO (And I used to go those days home and away) 

• Moderators

I'll say by the end of his last season with us he was past his PL best, got slow and chunky, think he'd had glandular fever or something but till then he was a good un

Maybe one of megson's best signings

Along with Muamba

And Klasnic

Football needs more Matt Taylors

I presume you are making the point that there are 3, plus another in the USA, plus 3 cricketers and a rugby player, etc.

Also I remember listening to a commentary on a Tranmere v Wolves Friday night match where the crowd were singing "there's only one Scott Taylor" when in fact there was one on each team.