Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Footballers Abused As Trainees

Ani

Yep.

Can't get it into my head why none of these kids managed to tell parents or someone in authority.

These cunts must have some serious power over these kids.

Amazing that this twat was convicted in 1997 and served time. Only now has the first managed to open up. Shocking.

Was reading a story in the paper today about the bloke who was convicted from Crewe

A kid had told his parents about what was happening so his parents confronted the bloke. He admitted it, said he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again

The parents believed hin and didn't take it any further in case it ruined their kid's career

Was reading a story in the paper today about the bloke who was convicted from Crewe

A kid had told his parents about what was happening so his parents confronted the bloke. He admitted it, said he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again

The parents believed hin and didn't take it any further in case it ruined their kid's career

There is an article on BBC site about, kids were told if they said anything they would never play football again.

• Site Supporter

Steve Walters on talk sport- tough for him and he was exhausted.

Prepared to hold fire about crewe- let investigations uncover who knew what.

A woman came on after and explained that she believed a ring of like minded coaches from all over the shop may have been involved. Could be massive this.

Bloke at work was telling me about Barry Bennell a few years back. He was scouted from the area in question along with his mate in the 80s when they. His mate 'made the grade', he didn't. His mate was abused by Barry Bennell, told us about the nunchuks story the lot

Bloke at work has said he just doesn't know if he didn't make it because he was shit at football or he just wasn't pretty enough!

I reckon this will be massive if it doesn't get hushed up. The story of the parents turning the blind eye is bonkers but you can imagine pushy parents doing it.

Gumbo and I know a lad our age (38) whose Dad wouldn't let him go to Crewe when they asked him to as a kid because of rumours then about paedos there. We are talking early 90's

It's gonna be like the BBC scandal this; too many folk somewhere definitely knew. And I hope they are now hanging their heads in shame.

I think I mentioned this when the Stoke thing came out, but there was always "sexual banter" in changing rooms of Senior teams where the 16-21year olds coming in got "stuff" happen to them.

This is very, very different and I've experienced it

They did it with Saville/Rochdale/South Yorkshire etc and they're doing it again, can't wait to point out what the fuck I'm talking about.

So you reckon Paul Stewart, David White and yon fella that played for Bury are in cahoots with the left wing media and together cunningly hatched a plan to release the burden of being abused as children at exactly the same time after 30 years so the limelight will be taken away from Asian grooming gangs?

Fuck me BB...this belongs in the conspiracy thread ????????????

So you reckon Paul Stewart, David White and yon fella that played for Bury are in cahoots with the left wing media and together cunningly hatched a plan to release the burden of being abused as children at exactly the same time after 30 years so the limelight will be taken away from Asian grooming gangs?

Fuck me BB...this belongs in the conspiracy thread

To be fair the media could have sat on the Andy Woodward story for a while and it is that going public which has led to the other allegations being made.

Fuck me BB...this belongs in the conspiracy thread

Noooooooo, they've made this story public now to cushion the next ray gun story. Even the footballer who started all this was relieved others like White etc have come out to speak, I'm convinced they save these I really am

Noooooooo, they've made this story public now to cushion the next ray gun story. Even the footballer who started all this was relieved others like White etc have come out to speak, I'm convinced they save these I really am

Tin foil hat territory this G!

I'm aware of that and hate the greed of the suppressor, but why have they just dragged it out now?

Would you tell people you have been forced bummed? Not an easy subject I imagine. Paul Stewart said he got told his parents would get murdered if he spoke up. He was 11. Not that far fetched really. Also their careers would have been over before they started.

Nothing would suprise me these days let's see what coverage the ray guns case gets shall we.

I doubt it will get as much as former professional footballers coming forward as being abused in their younger days.

That's not because of any liberal conspiracy - its just because it will sell more papers.

I'm aware of that and hate the greed of the suppressor, but why have they just dragged it out now?

don't type pizzagate into the google*

the madeline mcann podesta brothers E-Fit thing is bizarre too

it might be the Internet Meme Team messing about, but , http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478087/Why-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-E-fits-kept-secret-5-years.html .

the N in NWO stands for nonces

*bing.com

I doubt it will get as much as former professional footballers coming forward as being abused in their younger days.

That's not because of any liberal conspiracy - its just because it will sell more papers.

Absolutely, the press are only concerned with selling papers