Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Madine

leebwfc

With all the rumours of bust ups with team mates, Sheff Utd fans etc and the club claiming he was simply not well, what do you think happened?

It seems dodgy as fuck to me but even so, i'm embarrassed on Madines behalf for this week. Made us all look like tools, Billy Sharp lording it on twitter now and I dont blame him. 

IMO Madine hasn't done near enough to deserve the right to start trolling fellow league 1 strikers, especially when they score plenty. No one can 100% claim we would have won with Madine but surely he fucked up the day if he wasn't ill

Is this a bit of banter that has come back and dicked us or is behaviour like Madines unnaceptable for a professional team aiming for promotion?

I look forward to the day he no longer gets anywhere near our team

Hopefully sooner rather than later

Appreciate that he has a place as it stands but he's not good enough for the championship if we go up and he's hardly been a world beater in league 1

How many goals & assists combined this season? I'd bet he's only just into double figures, I bet there are 20+ players ahead of him in league 1

• Site Supporter

What Stevieb and mounts said. It's not like we're talking about accommodating a flawed genius like Anelka or Diouff, it's Gary fucking Madine, I hate the Twat. Even if he does make us slightly better I'd rather us go through a period of uncertainty embedding a different attacking threat, he's a fucking embarrassing dick head who I'd rather not bother with.

What Stevieb and mounts said. It's not like we're talking about accommodating a flawed genius like Anelka or Diouff, it's Gary fucking Madine, I hate the Twat. Even if he does make us slightly better I'd rather us go through a period of uncertainty embedding a different attacking threat, he's a fucking embarrassing dick head who I'd rather not bother with.

The trouble is that 'different threat' is Wilkinson. He's not a threat. Madine should not be causing off the field shit when we have fuck all other options and are pushing for promotion.

The guys a fucking clown.

• Site Supporter

let's not forget that spearing knew he was 1 booking away from a ban and decided to kick the ball into the stand knowing we had our most 2 important games coming next !!

Maybe footballers don't think like we do. I'd have wanted him in for the will-we-won't-we games against those around us and out for the well-we;should-win games

let's not forget that spearing knew he was 1 booking away from a ban and decided to kick the ball into the stand knowing we had our most 2 important games coming next !!

To be fair mate, as stupid as it was, if you watched his reaction for the next 10 minutes of the game you'd have thought he'd just found out he's going to miss the FA cup final. He was devastated (that's not excusing the fact that he was a dick).

I look forward to the day he no longer gets anywhere near our team

Hopefully sooner rather than later

Appreciate that he has a place as it stands but he's not good enough for the championship if we go up and he's hardly been a world beater in league 1

How many goals & assists combined this season? I'd bet he's only just into double figures, I bet there are 20+ players ahead of him in league 1

Sums my thoughts up. What a let down I actually thought he would thrive on it yesterday.

It's a shit state of affairs that we miss him.

We only miss him because we play a certain way. He's just a body. Nothing more. Wilkinson just happens to be shitter and softer than him.

If we aren't going to adapt and play to Alf's or longs strengths then replacing Madine with another target man would've surely been better business in the window.

Have we really got to the stage where social media is directly affecting team selections by the way?

Time to pack in ffs.

Like Birch says I can't honestly wait till I never have to hear or see the cunts name again. But until then he's all we have if we insist on playing hoof ball for the rest of season.

He's every defenders dream.