Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-0 Bury

miamiwhite

Correct. I'm merely reinforcing the point that for people to say bury doesn't matter in totality isn't true. Some clubs matter for some and some not for others. It's a point of view. I detest bury. Hate everything about them from the shitty shed of a ground to every horrible fucker that supports them. But other clubs don't bother me whilst they may bother others.

We filled there away end this year and the celebrations were wild. Everyone who went and went nuts when we scored tell me bury don't matter.

• Site Supporter

To be honest, every away goal and win is celebrated like that. I didn't come away delighted at beating a local team particularly because that's only for bragging rights. As I'm not too familiar with any Bury fans that'd be a complete waste of gloat.

Correct. I'm merely reinforcing the point that for people to say bury doesn't matter in totality isn't true. Some clubs matter for some and some not for others. It's a point of view. I detest bury. Hate everything about them from the shitty shed of a ground to every horrible fucker that supports them. But other clubs don't bother me whilst they may bother others.

We filled there away end this year and the celebrations were wild. Everyone who went and went nuts when we scored tell me bury don't matter.

I loved it????

To be honest, every away goal and win is celebrated like that. I didn't come away delighted at beating a local team particularly because that's only for bragging rights. As I'm not too familiar with any Bury fans that'd be a complete waste of gloat.

I beg to differ. A goal away at say Notts county wouldn't be celebrated the same. Utter nonsense. It was because of the occasion acknowledged but also the opposition.

Back in the prem days are you saying a goal at Southampton would be celebrated the same as old Trafford. I think not.

Edited by Escobarp

I lost it when we won, it was the first away game I'd seen us win in 20 plus matches though. I don't give a second thought to any rival in reality but there's definitely teams I'm more desperate to beat on the day. If I look at it from that angle it United, city and Liverpool but that's because I know more "fans" of their clubs. Best way to deal with the likes of Wigan bury and Tranmere is a pat on the head and wishing them the best of luck. Nothing would piss em off more.

I lost it when we won, it was the first away game I'd seen us win in 20 plus matches though. I don't give a second thought to any rival in reality but there's definitely teams I'm more desperate to beat on the day. If I look at it from that angle it United, city and Liverpool but that's because I know more "fans" of their clubs. Best way to deal with the likes of Wigan bury and Tranmere is a pat on the head and wishing them the best of luck. Nothing would piss em off more.

I like saying to the Bury fan near me (yes singular), 'remember that time we nicked your good players and won promotion with them'....that always goes down well

I like saying to the Bury fan near me (yes singular), 'remember that time we nicked your good players and won promotion with them'....that always goes down well

its on't youtube , from another thread on here

Edited by e2e4

I hate everyone equally. I can find some injustice, agro or a bad pie on every club we play. No mater how tenuous. Take Saturdays opponents, Chesterfield. They beat us at home in the cup back in the Burnden Park days. Some nobody got a hat-trick for them. Cunts. K2K

• Site Supporter

I beg to differ. A goal away at say Notts county wouldn't be celebrated the same. Utter nonsense. It was because of the occasion acknowledged but also the opposition.

Back in the prem days are you saying a goal at Southampton would be celebrated the same as old Trafford. I think not.

I'm talking fuck all about United or Southampton/ We don't get to play them. I'm talking about this season, particularly the last few months.

I was still in nappies for that season. Had no idea we got Patterson from Bury.

Amazed to hear "we are Bolton, super Bolton from the north" being sang. Never heard that in twenty years home and away.

Post like this make you realise how good it was to be a Wanderer all them years ago. We are the Lever the Lever Enders.

• Moderators

Know what you mean

Plenty think nowt of Wigan but that time we saved a pen in injury time to not lose was celebrated like a winning goal and mostly because it was them and you knew how particularly fucked off their fans would've been

We did well out of that Bury team. Lee, Mcginlay, Cunningham, Patterson, and now Phil Parkinson, no wonder they don't like us.

Was at that game with me Dad and brother I'd have been around 11.  Happy memories.

No idea though that Mark Patterson could do that . . .