Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Deal agreed today with our biggest customer for next year that will on its own be equal to 10% of this years total sales across our whole company in the uk.

That’s with a potential ratchet on the price for the deal if we end up on wto terms and associated tariffs or similar. 

Make of that what you will 

52 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

He reckons Brexit is going to be great but also reckons you should ship your money out of the UK and invest in the EU instead.

Which truth do you want? 😀

Brexiteers have a habit of saying one thing but then do the opposite when it’s their money, like the Ineos bloke. 

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Brexiteers have a habit of saying one thing but then do the opposite when it’s their money, like the Ineos bloke. 

You just don't get it at all do you? A true EU comrade.

Just a complete lack of understanding, empathy and so condesceding.

49 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Deal agreed today with our biggest customer for next year that will on its own be equal to 10% of this years total sales across our whole company in the uk.

That’s with a potential ratchet on the price for the deal if we end up on wto terms and associated tariffs or similar. 

Make of that what you will 

Nice to hear some good news. I don’t believe in the impending doomsday scenario many are predicting and I’m sure many more deals will follow.

I’m still not sold on the needless amounts of effort needed to land deals similar to before.

Out of interest has this grown again current deal or complete new business?

Just now, tomski said:

Nice to hear some good news. I don’t believe in the impending doomsday scenario many are predicting and I’m sure many more deals will follow.

I’m still not sold on the needless amounts of effort needed to land deals similar to before.

Out of interest has this grown again current deal or complete new business?

Existing customer so it’s organic growth but we got no new business from them in the last 12 months.  Next year is the biggest order they’ve placed with us ever. But the specific part of the sector they are in is a big growth area.

i was more surprised that they had placed the order now even with the caveat of a potential price rise which they are liable for if tarrifs arrive post 1/1. 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Existing customer so it’s organic growth but we got no new business from them in the last 12 months.  Next year is the biggest order they’ve placed with us ever. But the specific part of the sector they are in is a big growth area.

i was more surprised that they had placed the order now even with the caveat of a potential price rise which they are liable for if tarrifs arrive post 1/1. 

Good stuff. Here’s hoping we hear more of this in the coming weeks

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

Good stuff. Here’s hoping we hear more of this in the coming weeks

I think it will be bumpy. Some ups and some downs but none of us know and it all depends what if any deal we get. Obviously there are experts on here who already know but us mere mortals can just live in hope and wait and see I guess 

3 hours ago, boltondiver said:

If we just wanted a free trade agreement like Canada or Japan, that seemed to be on offer.

I’m pretty sure we wanted much more than a Canada / Japan free Trade agreement 

Parking the fact that those deals have a lot of quotas 

I’m pretty sure that they don’t include Services which is obviously massive for us, particularly Financial Services 

So in reality we wanted a cross between a Switzerland / Norway style deal crossed with a Canada / Japan style deal. But the EU would never entertain allowing us to dominate European Financial Services without giving up other things (fish for a start, regulatory alignment another) 

It’s not the EU’s fault that they won’t let us have our cake and eat it, they said from the start, no A la Carte. Anyone saying they have moved the goalposts has had their fingers in their ears for 4 years 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I’m pretty sure we wanted much more than a Canada / Japan free Trade agreement 

Parking the fact that those deals have a lot of quotas 

I’m pretty sure that they don’t include Services which is obviously massive for us, particularly Financial Services 

So in reality we wanted a cross between a Switzerland / Norway style deal crossed with a Canada / Japan style deal. But the EU would never entertain allowing us to dominate European Financial Services without giving up other things (fish for a start, regulatory alignment another) 

It’s not the EU’s fault that they won’t let us have our cake and eat it, they said from the start, no A la Carte. Anyone saying they have moved the goalposts has had their fingers in their ears for 4 years 

Jesus Christ, when will normally intelligent folk realise this?

Not only that, we are ex members leaving the club who live right next door. Fucking swap roles and think about it.

It is simple politically and economically so why anyone now thinks we are somehow going to come out of this is beyond me.

John Redwood ffs?  Bloody hell BD, thought you would have better ammo than that!

• Members

No surprise EU sycophants would react so to the John Redwood commentary.

There will be a deal. We all know it. Whether this will be in the best interests of the UK will only become clear with the passing of time. I believe that there is a good chance that Mr. Redwood will be proved right.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

That advent of yours is all wrong cocker 

My Brexit calendar is bang on!

Plus, Bolty’s application to the Britain First forum has been accepted and once he’s performed the initiation ceremonies he goes live on 1/1/21.

I honestly thought he had more bottle, a frontiersman who has blazed a trail halfway around the world like that. I’ll miss his posts, stuck in the halcyon days of his youth as they may be.

But, in the end, he’s climbed to the top of the screeching tree and done the biggest sulk of the lot and is taking his laced ball home with him.

A shame. But if you can’t handle it, you can’t handle it.

A view from the other side.

Exporters based in the Czech Republic could be heavily impacted by a no-deal Brexit, according to the Minister for Industry and Trade Karel Havlíček.

Speaking to Novinky, Havlíček warned of the damage the failure of the EU and the UK to get a trade deal could have on Czech companies, with the UK the fifth largest market for Czech exporters

Notice the Czech Industry Minister says the EU and the U.K. 

10 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Exporters based in the Czech Republic could be heavily impacted by a no-deal Brexit, according to the Minister for Industry and Trade Karel Havlíček.

Speaking to Novinky, Havlíček warned of the damage the failure of the EU and the UK to get a trade deal could have on Czech companies, with the UK the fifth largest market for Czech exporters

Must be a typo, lost in translation 

• Site Supporter

12 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

If he’s that bothered he should tell my supplier to send the fucking lorries.

Everyone is failing on this.

Its almost like it was a bad idea.

Edited by Spider