Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
6 hours ago, jmjhb said:

What happens when the boomer generation die off in the next 20 years? 

Apart from this place being decimated, do we expect the now middle-aged millennials to skew Conservative as they grow older?

Yes. It is as natural as going grey mate. You become more conservative as you get older as you observe what the younger generations seem willing to piss away.

• Members
3 hours ago, royal white said:

Using Google, go back a few years and look at the demos after Brexit, after Trump got in and after Boris got in, use that as a start. Then come back and I’ll point you to some more. 

They just don't see it. Anarchic rabbles who would not accept the result of democratic elections. Hmmm, where I have heard that before? Must have been some referendum or other?

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Bear in mind that all of the previous polling the first time around had the party members heavily in favour of Mordaunt but the parliamentary party engineered a Sunak v Truss contest where the pro Boris membership were never going to choose a backstabber. If Penny is in the running, I am very happy to have the membership vote.

That would surely rule Sunak out of the job again, in my eyes he’s clearly the best candidate for the job despite stabbing Boris.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
13 hours ago, Winchester White said:

To be fair, it was the Star that compared Truss to a lettuce not a cabbage due to its shelf life. The Star isn't exactly MSM either, it has less readers than any viable newspaper going, I am amazed it can still afford to go to print with such a small readership.

Also owned by Express Newspapers who own Daily/Sunday Express so hardly anti Tory in that regard 

Think it just wants to be the Sunday Sport but with less tits 

16 hours ago, gonzo said:

0The Tories will lose absolutely shit loads of voters by having a brown skinned bloke in power. 

That's an absolute fact.

Their core base will fucking hate it.

100% true

If it was down to just the MPs, then I think Sunak gets it,as he'll get more votes than Johnson. If it goes to the members, then Johnson will piss it, as the members just won't vote for a brown person. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

That's in Northern Ireland, the Conservative Party and their followers have already shown they don't give a fuck about them. 

And Wales:

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conservatives-deliberately-misled-welsh-over-24902077

And everywhere else in the UK:

https://www.ft.com/content/bf8fa303-c1c5-4307-89c5-7ae1e20f1cbb

21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I read it as a decision on who’s making the decisions on the funding not a reduction in funding.  What is the point you are trying to reinforce? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I read it as a decision on who’s making the decisions on the funding not a reduction in funding.  What is the point you are trying to reinforce? 

The recipients of EU funding were promised that they wouldn't lose a penny of said funding after Brexit. That was a blatant lie.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That would surely rule Sunak out of the job again, in my eyes he’s clearly the best candidate for the job despite stabbing Boris.

Mordaunt over Rishi for me. As much as anything because he also has a bit of baggage associated with him- being fined and the money arrangements with his wife. Neither should be relevant but things being as they are, certain elements will seek to use them against him. If they want a clean break, then PM.

That said, I reckon both are capable.