Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Who knows or reads every political party's manifesto?

You see evidence of where the parties allegiances and priorities are, when they're in power, from what they say or what ideas they come up with.

I'll probably vote Labour. Slim chance I may go Lib Dems and I'd never vote for the other lot of c*nts 

• Site Supporter

Sunak appointing folk from across the party and not just his mates, which is certainly good optics.

It's already an improvement.

Just not having Johnson and that clattering Dickensian beanpole anywhere in sight is a good way to begin

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

People already saying they will vote Labour without knowing their manifesto. It’s not like supporting a football team 🙄🙄

Thing is, who do you vote for when you don’t actually believe the manifesto would be delivered anyway. It’s all bluff and bluster and wishful thinking.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, royal white said:

Amazing eye contact from Rishi today looking at many different cameras. Hopefully that’s won him some future votes after yesterdays fiasco 🙄

Audio and video systems went down before his speech yesterday. I can only assume he was having a problem with an autocue/camera as it was bizarre. 

Steve Barclay as Minister for Health. 

That's a bit like appointing Jeremy Corbyn as Defence Secretary. 

This is the man that tried to block the start of the vaccination programme and was thankfully ignored. 

Profoundly disliked by anybody with half a brain in the NHS. Loves a spreadsheet and a meaningless target. 

Shite, and I mean shite appointment which has got everyone shaking their heads in disbelief. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Best move Sunak has made.

Now let's see if she actually manages to do something (or is allowed to). Not convinced it will happen, but we'll see.

Still an election deciding issue this.

The fact that that is an election deciding issue is fucked up.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

The fact that that is an election deciding issue is fucked up.

Is it fuck a decider

Mortgages, inflation andpensions matter

A few brown people are neither her nor there especially in the midst of a labour shortage

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Braverman is the worst pick of the lot.

But it was never going to be perfect.

Theyre still not electable but they sure as shit won’t be asking the plebs to decide.

Yep, she's shite along with Raab. Not sure on Hunt but keeping him in post is probably sensible as is Wallace remaining as Def Sec. Coffey and Shapps are lower league but still wank.

5 hours ago, Spider said:

It’s a bit like saying you’re sat in a big bucket of shit, but you’d rather stay in it because you think the bucket you can’t see over there might have even smellier shit in it.

Not really, LEAs can really strangle good schools and teachers with woeful and needless bureaucracy.

Let good heads manage budgets, you get better results. It's one area where I think less regulation and academies can work.

But as I say, and like you, I'm not in the teaching profession so I'll leave it to them.

Sunak is very right wing, he's also an ideological intransigent.

This cabinet is utterly useless, like the last. Picking a leader and a cabinet out of this is a nonsense.

Then add in Braverman, dear me. 

This is not a one nation cabinet or party.

The sooner the door hits them on their way out the better.

15 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Sunak is very right wing, he's also an ideological intransigent.

This cabinet is utterly useless, like the last. Picking a leader and a cabinet out of this is a nonsense.

Then add in Braverman, dear me. 

This is not a one nation cabinet or party.

The sooner the door hits them on their way out the better.

I hope they get 18 months and turn it round… last thing we need is a large Labour majority.