Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

West Brom Intrim Manager

C86

Because we got a result. We blew our best chance at a European trophy

Gartside ordered a weakened team.

We still put up a decent show even with the team we put out. Took worldie from our future near signing veluso did it not?

Who gives a fuck about the result at Wigan anyway, we stopped up didn't we?

Gartside ordered a weakened team.

We still put up a decent show even with the team we put out. Took worldie from our future near signing veluso did it not?

Who gives a fuck about the result at Wigan anyway, we stopped up didn't we?

We could of won that Lisbon tie. Probably best chance in our lifetime. Shithouses should of gone for it

I can see arguments both for and against Megson but Gartside picked the squad for Lisbon? Someone else taking Megsons side in a row with Kelly and McGinlay?

Some folk need to give their heads a proper shake I reckon

Edited by Duck Egg

For me personally it takes an awful lot to turn on a manager. Even then it isn't necessarily a hatred towards the man in question, just an acceptance that we need a change.

For instance, I didn't dislike Dougie, and though in a minority here I’m sure, I still think he talks a good game, even if his methods failed.

Megson though, fuck me what a cunt. To his credit, originally he did acknowledge that it was a small minority of fans that were on his back. But it got to the point where every post match interview for months was "them against me", tarring us all with the same brush.

There's only so many times you can hear him criticising all fans as a whole before you've had enough. And eight years on, he's still at it on every TV appearance.

I’ve seen his press conference from the past 24 hours. It took him four minutes to mention the atmosphere “while winning games with Bolton”, in comparison to WBA fans atmosphere while losing under Pulis.

We got rid at the right time. He just had to go after the Hull game and the board got it spot on. Just a shame we potted Coyle 12 months too late. The writing was on the wall from January 2011, when Elmander's goals dried up and a borrowed Sturridge was the only player getting us goals. Holden’s injury, Stoke at Wembley, Swansea away. It just got worse.

How we got to the last day with a chance of staying up I’ll never know. Must’ve been a particularly shit league that year.