Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

I think there's far fewer people view the world like you do than you probably realise.

Are you seriously suggesting TR could mount enough support to be the next Prime Minister?

Nobody is suggesting that.

But if a credible party either appeared or changed policy to go hardline on immigration and break apart Muslim strongholds, with the backing of TR and his followers, they’d make serious headway in the political system.

Like said above, the brexit vote for the majority was based on immigration. Whether you agree or not, it was.

My father in law for instance is the most meekest and mild mannered bloke you’d ever meet, he’s never even heard of tommy robinson and he’s the last person you’d see marching in London singing England songs. He voted out because of the large numbers of polish in his area. (Based in ill informed information obviously) . Millions of voters had this same policy.

The man on the street has no idea about trade deals and sovereignty or laws. It was about immigration and migrant strongholds across the country.

You’re normal every people feel strongly about this kind of stuff and like has been said above, once it isn’t a taboo to admit or talk about the issue then just watch it fly.

Folk might not march in the street or watch YouTube videos, but they will tick a box in a voting booth.

Imagine if the Torres adopted a hardline approach and totally swung the right like trumps mob in the US.

• Site Supporter

Absolutely not, he's a criminal so couldn't anyhow

UKIP for instance were a one policy partiy so became irrelevant when brexit was voted for but bring Farage back, get them talking about immigration and also TR advocating voting UKIP and you get many of the brexit voters. If they seriously invested some money in an election campaign and I'd give them a very good chance

But would that end up similar position to the Lib Dems where they prop up a government? I can't see them getting enough votes to be a majority, the media has hyped up this notion that anyone slightly right is an racist/deluded/mentally unstable/nazi .. Hard stigma to break that. 

Quite like TR, he stands up for what he believes in, it's a rare quality in politics, and he's not afraid to admit when he's wrong.

Nobody is suggesting that.

But if a credible party either appeared or changed policy to go hardline on immigration and break apart Muslim strongholds, with the backing of TR and his followers, they’d make serious headway in the political system.

Like said above, the brexit vote for the majority was based on immigration. Whether you agree or not, it was.

My father in law for instance is the most meekest and mild mannered bloke you’d ever meet, he’s never even heard of tommy robinson and he’s the last person you’d see marching in London singing England songs. He voted out because of the large numbers of polish in his area. (Based in ill informed information obviously) . Millions of voters had this same policy.

The man on the street has no idea about trade deals and sovereignty or laws. It was about immigration and migrant strongholds across the country.

You’re normal every people feel strongly about this kind of stuff and like has been said above, once it isn’t a taboo to admit or talk about the issue then just watch it fly.

Folk might not march in the street or watch YouTube videos, but they will tick a box in a voting booth.

Imagine if the Torres adopted a hardline approach and totally swung the right like trumps mob in the US.

But didn't the Tories only become what was perceived as electable because Cameron tried to soften their image and put their right wing backbenchers out of the limelight?

Labour did better under Corbyn moving further left than under Milliband.

I'm not sure there is any real evidence of a desire across the electorate at large for a hard right party or a party to take a hard right stance.

There are certainly pockets of the country (mainly the North) where this is the case, but those pockets aren't big enough to win seats, let alone elections. 

The Brexit vote was an either or choice. And historically there has been as much dissatisfaction from the left with the EU as from the right. It obviously swung towards a right wing campaign, but many people who voted for Brexit would never vote for a more hard right Tory party or other party in that position. 

You're right. A properly mounted campaign could seriously impact the norms.

No one saw Brexit coming, and as long as there's folk calling anyone who is concerned about immigration a racist then there's opportunity.

Been saying this for ages.  All the shrieking liberals are doing is giving the (far) right leaning groups more and more support.

When I've seen TR speak (like at Oxford Union) he always has the accusations of being a racist thrown at him but they are never backed up - God, that grinds my gears when folk do that . . .

Most of his concerns and points are rational and in the best interests of the country - you may disagree with him, or see him first and foremost as a self-publicist, but regardless I'd still stand by that claim.

There will be many folk who would publicly agree with him if it wasn't TR saying it, and if they weren't afraid of PC backlash, so I reckon the idea of him working with a credible party isn't that far fetched.  

• Moderators

FYI Theresa May is the Prime Minister and doesn't need Twitter followers. Her actions are relayed to the nation, the world, every day by the press.

People need to realise that social media has very little relation to the real world. It's heavily populated by people who are as numb as a piss stone and easily manipulated; see the Russian troll factories as proof.

FYI Theresa May is the Prime Minister and doesn't need Twitter followers. Her actions are relayed to the nation, the world, every day by the press.

People need to realise that social media has very little relation to the real world. It's heavily populated by people who are as numb as a piss stone and easily manipulated; see the Russian troll factories as proof.

Being devils advocate - how could the Donald or Russia have influence the election then?  (assuming they did, as is widely reported/suspected)

But didn't the Tories only become what was perceived as electable because Cameron tried to soften their image and put their right wing backbenchers out of the limelight?

Labour did better under Corbyn moving further left than under Milliband.

I'm not sure there is any real evidence of a desire across the electorate at large for a hard right party or a party to take a hard right stance.

There are certainly pockets of the country (mainly the North) where this is the case, but those pockets aren't big enough to win seats, let alone elections.

The Brexit vote was an either or choice. And historically there has been as much dissatisfaction from the left with the EU as from the right. It obviously swung towards a right wing campaign, but many people who voted for Brexit would never vote for a more hard right Tory party or other party in that position.

Like I say, underestimate it at your peril.

Like folk discounted trump. And brexit.

It’s not about being right or left wing. Most people haven’t a clue what they, or any in depth politics for that matter.

Like I say, underestimate it at your peril.

Like folk discounted trump. And brexit.

It’s not about being right or left wing. Most people haven’t a clue what they, or any in depth politics for that matter.

I think we're ripe for a Trump style character to come and create mayhem. However, Robinson/Farage aren't the Trump equivalent in this country.

We haven't got one yet. Trump's background wasn't marching in far right groups, it was as a businessman and then TV personality. He played a role to win that election.

I don't see any likely leader of the Tory or Labour party being able to do something similar and ultimately only two parties have any chance at power for the remainder of my lifetime barring either a catacylsmic event, or WW3....

I think we're ripe for a Trump style character to come and create mayhem. However, Robinson/Farage aren't the Trump equivalent in this country.

We haven't got one yet. Trump's background wasn't marching in far right groups, it was as a businessman and then TV personality. He played a role to win that election.

I don't see any likely leader of the Tory or Labour party being able to do something similar and ultimately only two parties have any chance at power for the remainder of my lifetime barring either a catacylsmic event, or WW3....

It's going to be Zoella. 

I'm convinced

• Moderators

Quite like TR, he stands up for what he believes in, it's a rare quality in politics, and he's not afraid to admit when he's wrong.

in the one interview I've listened to of his posted on here, he did anything but

but if he was, he might do something like come out and tell all his supporters to stop with the free tommy shit because he's been banged to rights

we'll see

(pleading guilty doesn't count)

If TR had other targets in his protesting and videos than muslamics he might not be views in such a negative way.

Even if he's been very careful not to say anything that could link him to any kind of -ism his omnidirectional focus is what puts the majority off him.

If he focus on the things that actually harm the 'working man' rather than recording a video outside an ongoing court case demanding something be done about something that is already the focus of a massive crackdown

• Site Supporter

in the one interview I've listened to of his posted on here, he did anything but

but if he was, he might do something like come out and tell all his supporters to stop with the free tommy shit because he's been banged to rights

we'll see

(pleading guilty doesn't count)

Seen a few, a high profile muslim fella invited him for a meal and a chat, TR admitted he was wrong about some of the things he had said and apologised.. it was around the time he left the edl.

• Moderators

Seen a few, a high profile muslim fella invited him for a meal and a chat, TR admitted he was wrong about some of the things he had said and apologised.. it was around the time he left the edl.

was it when he left the EDL because he realised it was a bit nazi? similar to when he left the BNP because it was a bit national front (odd it keeps happening)

if he was apologizing for something like this I think the damage was already done:

chucks grenade

walks off

grenade explodes

apologizes for chucking grenade

does it again

Edited by ZicoKelly

16M people voted for Brexit, 545k voted UKIP.

Brexit would not have happened without UKIP (Especially Farage) but it shows that being a party on a specific issue does not mean you get the mass support in the election.

If TR had other targets in his protesting and videos than muslamics he might not be views in such a negative way.

Even if he's been very careful not to say anything that could link him to any kind of -ism his omnidirectional focus is what puts the majority off him.

If he focus on the things that actually harm the 'working man' rather than recording a video outside an ongoing court case demanding something be done about something that is already the focus of a massive crackdown

What harms 'the working man' - you have to mind your Ps and Qs and you can't slag off slags, puffs, pakis, coons etc. That the over shoulder 'look' is more frequent? In my experience the working man isn't a judgemental cockend - they see with open eyes and will land on the right side...

Tommy Robinson is a fucking charlatan.

Edited by Youri McAnespie