Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Aston Villa

globaldiver

There will likely be more Bolton fans on tomorrow.

On that day we had Okocha, Djorkaeff, Stelios to name but three.

Bonkers when you think about it but it shows how the average Bolton supporter was taking that team for granted.

was truly pathetic from the bolton public that night, but like a tramp on chips over boro tickets

• Site Supporter

Me, my brother and Dad did not get a Boro ticket (via the club) despite being ST holders and present at the Villa SF Home leg.

Not the clubs finest hour.

I didn't get one at first and said I'd never go watching them again. I knew folk who only went on Boxing Day that had got tickets.

Got a phone call a few days before the Final to say I'd got a ticket after all (from a pile of tickets that had fallen behind a radiator iirc)

Always wonder to this day if I would've fucked em off completely.

When I thought I'd not got one I went on Middlesbrough Rivals board. Got some cracking replies and ended up wishing em all the best.

Soon changed my tune after that two touch penalty though

• Site Supporter

Happened to me too. I'd had a season ticket every year since 1982 & I felt feckin entitled to a cup final ticket. I didn't get a season ticket for a good few years afterwards and pretty much sacked it off for a few seasons. Killed me tbh

glad to see you came back.

what made you come back though?

Me, my brother and Dad did not get a Boro ticket (via the club) despite being ST holders and present at the Villa SF Home leg.

Neither did we. Had ST for years too

Managed to scramble single tickets in the end from sources including on here :)

• Moderators

It wasn't, though I didn't blame them at the time for offering 2 per ST after the semi final turn out

It wasn't, though I didn't blame them at the time for offering 2 per ST after the semi final turn out

Yes understandable if you used the SF as a benchmark. First wave of tickets should have been one per ST though and that was an abysmal decision.

Neither did we. Had ST for years too

Managed to scramble single tickets in the end from sources including on here :)

My Dad was ST for over 50 years, 1958 Wembley veteran. My mum did an impassioned speech (not a rant, she is better than that)in the TKT office along the lines 'here is a man who has been through thick and thin for over 50 years and you cannot give him a ticket out of a 25k allocation'. The poor office staff could not answer that.

• Moderators

Did he apply in writing

We did as that was encouraged by the club

To then prioritise window sales was the biggest fcuk up, imo

Anyway, I think wways came into it's own and we managed to satisfy most who came on here asking for help

• Site Supporter

I don't blame any of the season ticket holders for buying twice as many tickets as they had season tickets providing they bought them for folk who wanted to go. I do blame those who bought twice as many as they needed and then offered them for sale; often to highest bidder. That was a bit of a pisser really.

Did he apply in writing

We did as that was encouraged by the club

To then prioritise window sales was the biggest fcuk up, imo

Anyway, I think wways came into it's own and we managed to satisfy most who came on here asking for help

I can't remember to be honest. Full credit to wways although I wasn't posting back then.

glad to see you came back.

what made you come back though?

Fed up of shopping on a Saturday afternoon!

We'd made a postal application as recommended by the club and I remember listening in horror to a cousin who'd queued up that morning. A bloke in front of him, fed up of waiting rang ticket master and purchased something like 8 or 9 tickets. My cousin said a few suddenly did the same and TM weren't asking for season ticket details. I knew then I'd be fecked

Looking at the conditions it’s going to be a battle today.

Hopefully Wheater and Kirchhoff are fit, fill the team with height and get in their faces early on, Henry to do a job with Grealish and hopefully get under his skin, Pratley needs to get up and around ALF who needs to try and get Terry moving around. I trust either Little or Flanagan to do a job on Adoma but Robbo has a tough job against Snodgrass. Hopefully Ameobi fancies it but it’s not the type of day where he usually does.

With the right team I reckon we can win by a goal, a couple of players missing and I think we’ll get rolled over by a couple. Take a point now though, point per game from now on and I think we’ll be fine

Barnsley V millwall

Brum v Hull

Away win and draw please, squeaky bum time if two home wins

Wolves V Burton

Sunderland v Preston

Whatever really, not arsed

Hull win for me, they’re gone and safe - as long as Brum and Burton keep losing (and Sunderland) then nothing else matters