Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley 2-2 Wanderers

burnden

Alnwick

Flanagan..Wheater  Beevers  Taylor

Henry  Pratley

Vela

Ameobi  Alf  Morais

In defence, not the best passer, not who can run fastest up the wing, but the best defenders, The longer we go without conceding a goal, the better our chances.....if we go behind, it's unlikely we're coming back.

Vela ahead of Deryk.....even off form, i'd prefer Vela & at least he can score the odd goal.

Alf upfront as the least shite option......Hall could be a sub but certainly not starting ( this isn't Roy of the Rovers )

Morais , mainly because he improves our chances of a set piece goal.

Still worried about where our goal is coming from....a win would be great but 0-0 wouldn't be disastrous.

Thats my team, apart from little in for flanagan

Just had a quick look at a pre match interview with Andy Hammill on the Barnsley Chronicle Website and its effectively a battle cry  

"I think it's the biggest game since the play-off final and I can't wait for it. Staying up would be as big an achievement as what we did two years ago and I would sacrifice those goals for safety. It's a massive, massive game. We need to embrace it, enjoy it and thrive off the pressure.

"It's a game where every player could make themselves a legend for Barnsley. We're going to have thousands of people watching from the stands who would do anything to be playing on that pitch so we need to show them we know what it means to wear that shirt."

and i then compare that sentiment to the much tamer comments from  Karl Henry in the BEN

" Have we got the players who can go out there against Barnsley and roll our sleeves up? Yes, I believe we have. And I, for one will be trying to make sure that happens.

we will pick ourselves up, we have to, and do our level best to pick up points.”

Hope I am proved wrong but I am already getting bad vibes ... 

Just had a quick look at a pre match interview with Andy Hammill on the Barnsley Chronicle Website and its effectively a battle cry  

"I think it's the biggest game since the play-off final and I can't wait for it. Staying up would be as big an achievement as what we did two years ago and I would sacrifice those goals for safety. It's a massive, massive game. We need to embrace it, enjoy it and thrive off the pressure.

"It's a game where every player could make themselves a legend for Barnsley. We're going to have thousands of people watching from the stands who would do anything to be playing on that pitch so we need to show them we know what it means to wear that shirt."

and i then compare that sentiment to the much tamer comments from  Karl Henry in the BEN

" Have we got the players who can go out there against Barnsley and roll our sleeves up? Yes, I believe we have. And I, for one will be trying to make sure that happens.

we will pick ourselves up, we have to, and do our level best to pick up points.”

Hope I am proved wrong but I am already getting bad vibes ... 

I'd rather leave our talking on the pitch. Our record against Barnsley in recent seasons has been decent Won: 4 Drawn: 1Lost: 0

Good luck Salford its an uphill struggle but heyho not to be a lost cause.

No ampi-theatre of dreams just football supporting at the roots.

If we were at Southend tommorrow that would have been a decent pun.

Both lads haven't been to an away Man U game so it will be a completely unique experience for them. He has already "converted" two of his other friends to be bolton fans because this is real football not some manufactured crap and that's the appeal to them. Edited by Salford Trotter